1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please Help

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by indubalram, Dec 29, 2019.

1. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

I had been posting my problems and you all have helped me with solutions. Right now I need your help.
    I work at a US bank and my husband is an engineer. I have 24 year old daughter.he keeps pampering her even when I oppose it. This has spoilt her in an extent that now she has no regard or respect towards her parents. It has become unbearable. What should I do? I have explained to him several times. He never listens.can u provide a solution?please help

2. Agathinai

Agathinai Gold IL'ite

With the little information in this thread, I had to read your previous threads to get more information.

From what I read the stark reality here is your husband had been struck with his past regrets and had been behaving quite abnormally bringing some of these failures onto you. You have been married for more than 25 years and that’s a long time to cling to old problems. If in the past few years he had changed for good then it’s good.

Also you seem to take the blame on yourself and you need to improve your self confidence and don’t get low by your husband’s remarks. You have been able to secure a job and financially independent. All you need to do now is make your self confidence increase.

Regarding your daughter she is a graduate in Engineering from your past thread. If she had been a witness about how your husband had been mistreating you and taken that for truth, she might have been misguided into thinking wrongly about her mother. Your husband is to blamed for injecting such thoughts to his daughter. But she is a grown up adult now and she will have to change herself. If she talks disrespectful to you or others, you can advise a bit but she has to change herself.

You make yourself as your first priority and don’t allow either your husband or your daughter to disrespect you. Self dignity is of paramount importance to any one.

I don’t know much from this thread to advice more.

Good luck.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your reply

4. MrCroc

MrCroc Silver IL'ite

M'aam, 24 year old is not even 'pamper-able'. At 24, she is way past school or college age.

BhumiBabe likes this.
  5. RetireFI

RetireFI Senior IL'ite

It is not uncommon to see disrespect from young generation who grow up in US. Plus 24 is a transitional age. Give her some time. Once she settles in her career, her own family after wedding etc, the respect comes back grudgingly on how much parents toiled to reach this stage :)