1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter - 3

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Nov 20, 2019.

1. SpringB

SpringB Platinum IL'ite

Maybe not now right ?

2. IL86

IL86 Silver IL'ite

Sudha murthy's family never lived in Chennai. They lived in Bangalore. Later children moved abroad for studies. As far as daughter is concerned she now lives in UK married to Rishi Sunak who has been re elected as MP last Thursday. The son lives in Bangalore have some role in infosys , he remarried this month after divorce few years back .

Thyagarajan, Mistt and suasin like this.
  3. suasin

suasin Gold IL'ite

"My son used to write how he was missing my home cooked food, how he was waiting to come back to live in Chennai with us ..."

Weren't the Murthys from Bangalore? Seeing who the daughter is married to, chances of them living in Chennai and her calling her in law Amma is very unlikely..
    Son was married to a Tamil, but daughter living in Chennai very very unlikely..

Mistt likes this.
  4. SpringB

SpringB Platinum IL'ite

Not sure who the original author is but Plagiarism is wrong no matter who does that. being a Padmashri recipient and author of many Books I am inclined to give benefit of doubt to Sudha Murthy

Many change some facts and deliver it as fiction

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. IL86

IL86 Silver IL'ite

I don't think Sudha murthy has copied it. Have you not seen posts in Facebook like some random quotes saying quoted by Kalam, Ratan Tata and so on.
    People online just link something to someone and then these articles pick it up without even verifying it. So she probably doesn't even know that she is being quoted for this, because obviously there are factual inaccuracies like the place they lived, where their adult children live now.

6. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

I don't think both are same and yes,Google search is showing results of Sudha Murthy's article attachment in detachment but nothing showed that when she was written that article. @Chitvish maam was posted those quotes in 2006 [Pangs of parting... and I trusted @Srama's words because she knows chitvish ma'am personally.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

Of course Chitra Ma'am wrote the article long back. I remember reading it when she posted. Her aviyal recipe (with carrots ground along with coconut) is the reason I came to know about IL for the first time. She is an amazing woman. I don't think she is active in IL these days.

Thyagarajan, Agathinai and Mistt like this.
  8. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

There are so many articles shared in facebook and WhatsApp claiming Bill Gates said those,Abdul Kalam said those,Steve Jobs saids those etc... Chances are they don't even know people accredited these quotes for them.

Agathinai, shravs3 and Mistt like this.
  9. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

I think its the case of great minds think alike.

I think both women came up with the same thought in different years. However, if Chitra mam had published it somewhere or accredited it; the later publishing ( Mrs Sudha Murthi's) would be called plagiarised although she might not have meant to. There are soo many ideas floating around, who knows who came up first unless its officially credited to someone.

Else who ever publishes it first owns it ( sometimes unfair but that is how it is)

When we see kids getting brought up heavily coaxed and fitted into boxes and then parent's micro management; at least few women who think different may get this idea. So yeah they might have been soul sisters :).

Else like IL86 said... get those meme/quote makers to pay extra national tax, they make up quotes themselves and then add a random big name.
    8B9A625F-6446-4D9B-AB85-3C6E6C284290.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    SpringB likes this.
  10. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Probably!