Biggest Risk To Your Physical Safety You Ever Took?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rihana, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

Wow what a thread!
    Each story has something similar and giving me chills. How we thought we were invincible...

I had to travel 48 hours by Indian Railways (I say that because it is the scariest place to be) alone from my college to home. I never had any chaperones for tutions, or railways etc. Very scary.
    Sometimes, we travelled as a big group, that was little better. Those batchmates were so nice...May god bless them!
    One time even 4 of my batchmates were scared to stand up two guys for us three friends. That was very scary night. Only god saved us girls.

When I came to US, I bought a car immediately from a posting university site and got license and got over confident. Was giving rides to friends to airport, bank shopping etc.
    Some days, as a group of 3-4 we went to Walmart at 2 am...not nice!

One time, I was coming back from computer lab at 2am (that was the only time there were free seats there) and a car followed my car.
    That was very scary. I sat in my car and kept calling my friend and she was fast asleep...I didn't call 911..now I think I should have....I was worried of what it was only in my head and 911 came and thought it was a waste...I was hesitant to call 911...luckily that car left.

One time, I got to my car in a multi level city parking, on the last day of work, before big holidays. It was 7pm, not too late, and I got out of elevator, and three guys looked at me from where they were- at different cars- I happily walked to my car and drove off, but that was not good

Late night returning from tuitions on deserted streets were worst.

I would never share any incident or scare with anyone. I believed, since there was no chaperone available, the only choice will be to not let her go. I already couldn't travel to other cities to take preparatory tests and only registered for entrance tests that were in my city (2nd tier city).

I have come believe that there is safety in number, day light, cities, cars

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    Vedhavalli, SinghManisha and Rihana like this.
  2. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Actually I feel that our kids need to learn street smartness to survive ... I want teach my kids to anticipate danger , bad intentions and have some tricks and tools to try and escape a tricky situations at home and outside

3. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Couldn’t agree more, I want my kids to be safe but at the same time street smart.Being overly protective will be detrimental in the long run.

Rihana likes this.
  4. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

Once when we were young we decided to watch a movie in the theatre... Mujh se dosti karoge... by the interval time our lives were already sucked so we stayed.

When it finished, we thought we were not bodies anymore but souls so we thought we could just pass through walls and fly home... but when we had to take the exit door, we were so glad we made it out alive.

The feeling was very close to coming out of Mordor alive...
    Thanks for listening.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  5. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

If you ask me so, there are number of incidents that i roamed alone in odd times without present days knee jerking fear.

Used to go tution at morning 3am alone on bicycle and night at 11pm on dark and bushy streets i was in 10th(which we can't even think with any age of girl now a days) and college.

Once i went to a interview through a classified, into an commercial complex in a new city, and butler hindi. I was hurry in reaching to the spot didn't realise how empty the building was, and far from outside world.

The conversation went approx 15mins, i couldn't able to understand what he was asking, i gave up in convincing with my answer then slowly i realised what he was asking for.. Felt sooper chilled,scared, pretended to not understood any as it may creates more problem, immediately walked out as sorry i couldn't answer this, Didn't even turn back to see, was blank until come out of that building.

I don't know how people turned to this much harmful. Kids lost freedom and enjoyment of it.

Rihana and Mistt like this.