1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Amazing Ennio Morricone

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by Cheeniya, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Born in 1928, Ennio Morricone is 91 now but many people reach their nineties and so it is no news. But at 91, he is still scripting music as enchanting as ever. He has been quite active from 1946 till date. There is so much to write about him but if I do all that, there will be no time to present a selection of his music to you. I refer to Ennio Morricone - Wikipedia for more information about his musical life. Now I'll get going with a few of his tunes.

Chi Mai is one of his magnificent creations. Listen to the amazing use of instruments.

Only You.. 'I am immersed in pleasure while listening to this excellent music . and watching these marvelous pictures' says a fan

The Flight of the Eagle. 'An Absolute Heavenly video, viewing the Beauty of Nature in flight !. The music is Perfect for the images, for it is Sublime!. The images/editing are Stunning with Beauty. Thank you for this Glorious creation and bringing such Marvels to us, dear Angelo Vullo!!. I Love this flight and enjoy it Tremendously !'

A Fist Full of Dollars. 42 million views!
    'Ennio Morricone had beaten the Americans at their very own game!' True, isn't it?

Who doesn't know Good, Bad and ugly! 'Played this to my rose plant' says a fan. :blush:
    Enjoy!

Amica, Mistt, Rihana and 3 others like this.

2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Here is one from "for a few dollars more"

Amica likes this.
  3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

4. Cheeniya

More the merrier @kkrish
    Happy you have joined the party!

kkrish likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

@Amulet
    I tried to choose songs that have not been showcased here before. Maybe I slipped. Ennio has an awesome musical range. Like Chi Mai and Only You. I love the old man

6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Ennio is one of my favorite composers sir. I listen to him mainly when I need to alert dealing with tough problems at work. All those instruments really help keep my brain alert.

Cheeniya likes this.
  7. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

As usual a wonderful collection of songs. My only problem is I cannot recall even one name of a composer, whose collection of songs you have posted here, because most of them sound French and Latin to me.
    I wish I could be like this 90 year old music composer who is still on his work actively. Amazing talent these people have.
    Having seen our Bollywood heroes playing sad tunes sitting behind the piano all the time, these western music composers show how the piano can bring out A wide spectrum of emotions through music, blending seamlessly with other musical instruments. Thank you Sir for the wonderful work you are doing here.

Agatha83

kkrish, Mistt and Cheeniya like this.
  8. Cheeniya

@Agatha83
    Dear Agatha
    I am happy that my posts have whetted your appetite for western orchestral music. Some of the best known in music had been active till the evening of their life. Semmangudi (95 years), Bismillah Khan (90), Ravi Shankar (90) are the few names that I recall.
    Thank you for your solid encouragement that makes me look for more for such talented artists. A few more classic tunes from Ennio Morricone for you:

kkrish likes this.
  9. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Never mind. Here is an amusing variation of EM's The Good, the Bad and the Ugly:

10. Cheeniya

@Amulet
    Amazing! How are you able to pick such examples?

Amulet likes this.