1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Do You Say?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Dec 8, 2019.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

When somebody loves,likes or respects us we tend to place ourselves at a higher pedestal as if we are worth it and deserve it very rightly. It should happen otherwise. That person should rise into our estimation because he found us worthy of his love, likes and respect. What do you say?

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I say Hari ji, thesis is good, but introduction, some body paragraphs and conclusion are missing? Please to elaborate. : )

Or is it like that other thread where members had to guess the object or something?

shyamala1234 likes this.
  3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Rihana,
    Agree with you. Guesswork? Hariji, please elaborate.
    Syamala

4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Spoken like an experienced parent coaxing a child to get up to the 500 word essay that the homework had asked for.
    Perhaps I could offer some help on how to stretch it out so that it can just barely qualify as a snippet.
    Eschew presumptions. Elaborate why you came up with this notion, and stretch it out to about 300 words.
    If you are going to discuss pedestal height, don't go binary, viz., pedestal or no-pedestal. Talk in continuous functions. Love, like , respect : How much does a unit of each of these contribute to (relative) pedestal height that one can go up or down ? Are there equivalences between love, like and respect ? For example, X likes Y, but neither loves nor respects. Do these latter negatives affect the pedestal height achieved due to "like" alone? Should this IL forum have Love and Respect buttons to click as well? Discuss this and stretch your essay into an additional 200 words.
    If you are going the way of comparative self-loathing, that is a whole new essay worth about 2000 words.

shyamala1234 likes this.
  5. HariLakhera

Thanks for giving it a lease of life. I thought it is going to die a natural death in incognito. My short rumbling is when someone likes/loves or respects us and expresses the same in words, our normal reply is 'thank you', 'so kind of you' 'it is your greatness' and so on implying thereby how greatly we appreciate that. Yet, some react in such a way as it they deserve it and feel no appreciation for the person who expressed it. Some even don't react.
    People who are good, kind hearted and humble can only see similar qualities in others.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    Rihana likes this.
  6. HariLakhera

Added a few more words above. I hope it is clear now.

7. HariLakhera

(I need 5000 words essay on 'Comparative self-loathing' with annexures to understand what it means.