1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Happiness In Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Dec 9, 2019.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

God brings us to this world for some purpose . Everyone has some positive and negative . It is difficult to be perfect. Lot of adjustment is necessary in life to lead a happy life. We need God's and elder's blessings for everything in life. I am blessed that I lead a happy life in old age because of God and elder's blessings. When you come up in life after struggling in the beginning then only you understand the value of life. I was taught to adjust in life , so I am following that in my life. I had the privilege of taking care of my mother, father and grandmother in their last days becauseof which I got ther blessings and they are always with me guiding me and showing the right path.

I also wonder about life. In my opinion I feel it is in our hands to make our married life peaceful and enjoyable. God makes the jodis , some are not happy with their better half and how much they try to change them it is difficult. If we are lucky and are able to adjust and forgive them for what we dont like in them then we can lead a peaceful life.

It is difficult to get a perfect partner but we can try to change them and if not possible we should change ourselves. In many things me and my husband are different but I have tried to adjust with him in the way he wants . He is very loving and caring though he is short tempered but that is only for a short time and he will forget about it as if nothing happened and once I asked him also why he gets angry sometimes for which he will say when I am angry how can I stop myself. I think you must have read my thread May be we are different from each other but we complete each other.

In present age in has become difficult for old age people to lead their life. The interest on investments have become less. So accordingly we have to live . My husband is very economic and spends only when it is very necessary. Thats why we are able to live a simple life .

If we have faith in God he will help us in need. I have had many experiences where God helped me .
    If we have God and elder's blessings then our life will be peaceful and enjoyable. It is in our hands.

sindmani, Mistt, kkrish and 13 others like this.

2. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

Wise words. Only years of experience can impart such deep thinking.
    Miss your snippets. Keep writing.

iyerviji likes this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Simple life is a beautiful life:)
    Free of uneccessary complications
    Free from attachment and living life the way you want to be
    It’s a lovely life vijima

iyerviji likes this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Nice thoughts on adjusting, and living the simple life.
    Reading your post the Bollywood Movie buffs might think of "Rab ne bana Di Jodi", and how a Jodi was put together when the groom couldn't come to the wedding, and how the husband changes himself to adjust to his wife's dream of how a husband ought to be. Here is a song:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  5. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Seniors having interest income on deposits are facing difficulty as interest rates have come down from 10% to 7% pa. It is possible to curtail some of the daily needs and unnecessary purchases, it is not all possible to postpone the medical expenses. Even those having medical insurance are finding it difficult to pay premiums and on top of that the policies do not cover most ailments seniors face at advanced age.

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Famous quotes (especially platitudes, that are meant to soothe the troubled mind) on the internet often come with a graphic image.
    upload_2019-12-10_10-50-23.png
    The girl in the checked jumper is walking it with her plush toy, while the girl in the inset (red skirt-polka dots) is walking by herself.

Having a plush toy (someone to walk it with) is better than not having one.

7. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

There is no one solution for everyone's problem.Even authors of self development books find it difficult to face crisis in life.Ultimately we have to accept certain things, whether we feel happy about it or not.Acceptance ,in course, becomes a matter of habit and character and that is life.Happiness itself is a term which cannot be defined easily.Many couples get along with so much of difference of opinion throughout life,knowing fully well that they can neither agree nor get separated.Unhappiness persists and that has to be treated as happiness.

jayasala42

Thyagarajan, iyerviji, Mistt and 3 others like this.
  8. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

Me and my DH are like south and north poles of the earth- belonging to the extremes and cannot see an eye to eye on any issue. But destiny has bought us together and due to God’s grace we have pulled on together for forty six years. The journey together had never been smooth, the road full of potholes and hindrances, yet, there never was a dull moment- always action packed. As you say more than money, beauty and other superficial things, it’s some invisible bond or virtue, which keeps us together- call it God’s grace, adjustment, patience or elders blessings. You have expressed your views in a very poignant manner. Lucky your DH has such a wonderful wife. May God bless you both.

Agatha83

AmulB, Thyagarajan, kkrish and 3 others like this.
  9. iyerviji

Thank you for the first feedback and the nomination which was a real surprise to me. Glad you liked the post and t konw that you miss my snippets

Sorry for the late reply

10. iyerviji

Thanks dear , glad to know you liked the post

anika987 likes this.