Rip Priyanka Reddy:(

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Nov 30, 2019.

1. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

Greenbay,
    The news is quite traumatic!! People will react.. I have friends and cousins around the area where the incident took place... I know it will take some time for me to feel normal. Cannot even imagine about the girl's parents and family. Anyway nothing against you!

shravs3, anika987 and Sunshine04 like this.
  2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Wow @anika987
    Did that woman really say that.?
    The pain that priyanka bore with 4 men *** her is more than the bullet wounds pain.
    Ultimately I don't see anything wrong with the encounter if these guys were really guilty.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    anika987 likes this.
  3. Sunshine04

Wasn't the victims name public in all media channels and newspapers??.later only the name was changed to disha.

anika987 likes this.
  4. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

@Sunshine04 , If possible, Please edit your post and quote @anika987 's post. It looks like I said it. I neither have seen that interview of the mom nor interested in hearing her or the wife. They didn't do the crime, so they should be spared the trial by media or the aam-junta.

5. Sunshine04

Edited

6. Sunshine04

The media wants to sell their papers. So trying to get something out of the parents mouths when they are grieving.
    Media is at fault. Need to be sensitive

satchitananda and Greenbay like this.
  7. Sunshine04

Screenshot_20191209-133437_Chrome.jpg saw in FB.
    Not sure if its true

8. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

it is not only India , it is not safe anywhere else , in US it is very difficult to go to certain downtown areas in the dark ..lot of issues with sex offenders . how ever safe may be the place , it is imperative to take the precautions ... cannot depend on goodness of other people ...

If innocents are killed it will increase confidence in culprits that they can get away with it and they will do more crime ... that is why it needs to be proved that the guilty are punished...

lets us see if our courts give death sentence to MLA senger , it may help to send message that even if it power people they cannot escape the law

satchitananda likes this.
  9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My observation wasn’t in favor of the continued consent law on campus. Talking to a grown young woman going off to college about sex/consent/date rape/birth control/back up birth control - all of which were considered out of bounds when we were unmarried and in college is accepted and ok. Why is it such a problem talking to grown young men about sex/consent/continued consent and condoms? I was told to imagine how it would be to talk to a grown son about it. If premarital sex, condoms and back up methods of birth control are so easy to talk about with a daughter, why not equip the young man with some knowledge to keep him safe. As it is, campus laws are strict. Moreover, the son is already at a disadvantage being the wrong race. Instead, the entire emphasis was on the law and how terrible it is.
    Why the hesitancy talking to the son when the daughter’s talk according to her was completely appropriate? Isn’t it double standards?

I wasn’t talking about just the girls. I was talking about all young people. Grown women say this -

And we are expecting the young people to not get influenced by this? Which is why I said we sometimes unintentionally send messages to our sons and daughters. We can all make small conscious changes right?

It’s not so much the movies but the mothers reactions to the movies that had me annoyed. Movie makers can do anything. We can watch it and forget about it. We often don’t. We do discuss this at home. Our kids to hear our view points. The same way that we are all painting a demonic picture of the people in the lower economic strata, we too do contribute to this unconscious bias.

You did start a thread about it long ago. Hope you got the jist of what I’m saying.

anika987, Sunshine04 and Greenbay like this.
  10. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

True, we want to tell our daughters to not be afraid of going out in the night, but this makes it look like we should be telling our menfolk to stay indoors late night. What kind of justice is this? I hope, really hope that the encountered men were the real culprits.