1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Banjara Products

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by virtualkv2020, Dec 3, 2019.

1. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends...
    Have any of used Banjara products like Banjara hibiscus powder, henna powder etc? Please post your reviews. I am thinking of using their hibiscus powder for making the hair oil.

2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Long back I have used their rose water which was good. But I haven’t used any other products apart from it. Looks like the quality has deteriorated according to Amazon India reviews.

3. virtualkv2020

Oh ok Thanks @shravs3

4. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Because the garnier brand of hair dye that i normally use was not available on that particular day, i bought one pack of banjara natural henna some 2 months back. I have since been using it(around 3 applications till date), and found it very easy to apply and colour also sets in very well. No allergy issues too! So i intend continuing to do so. However, the hair does get very rough, and needs a good shampoo plus conditioner to make it normal after the wash.

virtualkv2020 likes this.
  5. sunchiajju

sunchiajju Bronze IL'ite

I use Banjara henna almost regularly. You can apply it easily with a brush and leave it for an hour and then wash it off. I use a conditioner while washing as otherwise, my hair becomes too dry.

Sunshine04 and joylokhi like this.
  6. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

Just wanted to add one thing about their Black henna product.

I got to know from a relative in the henna/indigo manufacturing industry that "Black henna" is only giving color through added chemical dyes (and not via the henna even though henna will be the major component > 99%).

I just checked Banajara's Black Henna ingredients and it does contain the usual chemical in most black hair color/dyes: Para-phenylenediamine.

A "natural product" with so many cautions! (back cover of Banjara black henna)

upload_2019-12-6_10-15-20.png

100% pure henna can never give black color unless you do a detailed second step of indigo.

I buy henna and indigo either online or at the Indian store - that say 100% henna and 100% indigo and nothing else. This henna takes atleast 4 hours for the orange to develop on my greys. And then indigo for an hour is all that is needed. I don't even trust the "added herbs" or "plus aloe for softness" or "added amla for strength" claims - I am sure those are marketing strategies to get the customer to pick their product up from the shelf. And there are no quality scrutinies to test their products before they come to the shelves.

Another the catch in all this is that ingredient lists need not specify all the ingredients IF:
    1. if it is below some small percentage.
    2. if the added ingredient is a trade secret.

So if it is in a packet we will never know for sure. Hopefully US can start importing/growing pure henna leaves. There will be a huge demand for this.

virtualkv2020 and shravs3 like this.
  7. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

+1

8. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

I use banjaras natural henna. I really love it. It's way better than henna powders like nupur etc.
    The natural henna gives a red cum burgundy color.

virtualkv2020 likes this.
  9. virtualkv2020

Thank you all for the replies,have any one tried using Banjara's Hibiscus powder?

10. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

do they have a hibiscus powder??