Rip Priyanka Reddy:(

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Police has done a great job: Nirbhaya's mom

Asha Devi, the mother of the 2012 Delhi gang-rape and murder victim, also called Nirbhaya reacts to the encounter killing of the four accused in the Hyderabad vet's rape and murder: "I am extremely happy with this punishment. The police has done a great job and I demand that no action should be taken against the police personnel. I have been running from pillar to post for the last 7 years. I appeal to the justice system of this country and the government, that Nirbhaya's culprits must be hanged to death, at the earliest."

Read more at: Police has done a great job: Nirbhaya's mom

Mistt, anika987 and shravs3 like this.
  2. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

3. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

I have mixed feelings. On one hand, perpetrators of Nirbhaya are still waiting for final verdict prolonging the anguish of her helpless parents, on the other hand, police do fake encounter to kill all accused within 10 days of a horrendous crime.

Not a proponent of vigilante justice,fake encounters, or even death penalty. Wish India had a fast track justice system instead.

Rape cannot be eliminated with such acts in the long run as sick minded people get emboldened after few years. Education is the only way to cure such malady. When I was studying in India, girls and boys going to a fun trip together or staying overnight in camp or lodge was almost unheard of. Parents of girls always prohibited such outing that boys will trespass. Nowadays it is quite common. Why? Because most college boys from 18-22 understand the concept of consent and have started valuing platonic friendships.

If those 20-24 aged men had enough education and interacted with girls from teenage years, they probably would not have dared to commit this heinous crime.

4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I wish India has a proper fast tract system to respond to such heinous crimes.
    I can't feel happy for this encounter, but at the same time if there are any evidence to validate that these 4 were the perpetrators, then this is the best justice in India.
    As far as I know, these 4 persons are just the accused only. Given the fact that they represent a marginalized boarder line community, it is very easy to suspect them (lorry driver, drunkard, uneducated slum kind of people) and no one would be voicing out for their rights.

What if this crime was perpetrated by some high caste, or high end persons? Would the Police end their case in the same manner?

In a country where Gender equality is not even a dream, I wouldn't expect any social changes immediately. But rather welcome anything if that could bring some education about women's rights and safety in the country. If not today, at least in a long run.
    Till then, it is the women's and their family's responsibility to help & protect themselves.

Women need to be educated on quick response mechanism, rather than giving in to the social pressure of not getting out of their nest.
    It is hard, but it is not impossible.

Had our women received enough education and awareness on self protection,
    - Nirbhaya wouldn't have boarded in that charter bus when the bus had curtains/covered, and it was almost empty at night.
    - Priyanka reddy wouldn't have called her sister or waited agonizing about those men who took her bike away. Instead she would have called 100 - police hot line.
    - Her sister wouldn't have hoped everything was safe when Priyanka herself cried in worry, it was dark outside as well as her bike had flat tires, and there were suspicious people around. Had she been educated on the sensitivity of this kind of issues, she would have called the Police hot-line on time, and alerted whoever could have helped them on time to save her sister
    - Child Hasini's parents wouldn't have left their child all alone in their apartment (Yashwanth's case) thinking she would be safe

It is important to be safe than sorry later.

We can wish for a country that is safe for women. We can wish for changes in the legislation and system and what not.
    But before everything we have to act precautions, because it is not safe NOW.

hridhaya, Topaz49 and Mistt like this.
  5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Apart from that drugs play an important role here. Besides, the ways in which they were raised.
    Some people are sadist, and it is their inborn nature.
    We never know who is who, and what motive is behind them. So, it is important that we protect ourselves at our best

anika987 and Mistt like this.
  6. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

And ruthless commentators in social media stated that, what police can do at the max to us is counselling and may keep 2 days in jail.

Now they might got the right answer and trembled them that, what police can do at the max

Bloody bastards

shravs3, Sunshine04 and anika987 like this.
  7. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

There was a RYAN international school case where police made the bus driver accused and also got the confession ... later CBI took over and found actual culprit is 16 yr old boy studying in the school ...

Police needs to first prove the accused is actually culprit then the court needs to give judgment ..

SGBV likes this.
  8. Sunshine04

Hyderabad vet rape and murder: How a witness from a petrol bunk helped cops nab accused
    once the news of the murder was telecast on media, the police got a call on the emergency helpline 100 from a man named Lingaram Praveen Goud, who works at a petrol bunk in the area. Praveen informed the police that two men on a red scooter had tried to buy petrol in plastic bottles the previous night, and he had refused to sell it to them because he was suspicious. Praveen told the police that he could identify the two men as well. This helped the police nab the four accused in the case and put together the sequence of events.

anika987 likes this.
  9. Sunshine04

10. Sunshine04