Finest Posts - Nominations For December 2019

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Dec 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

We have come to the end of 2019. In another 31 days, we will be entering a momentous year. I am not talking about the Leap Year. It happens once in every four years. But I am talking about something much bigger. Yes! We will be moving into 2020. Such a configuration can happen only once in a 1010 years. Last time it was 1010 and next will be in 3030.
    Have a look at what happened in 1010 (Courtesy Wikipedia):
    The Nile River froze!
    Persian poet Ferdowsi finishes writing the Shahnameh (Book of Kings), which will be regarded as the national epic of the greater Iranian culture.
    The construction of Brihadisvara Temple at Tamil Nadu is completed during the Chola dynasty,
    et cetera, et cetera as the Siamese King (Yul Brynner) tells his English teacher (Deborah Kerr) in the movie The King and I.
    What will happen in 2020? We’ll wait and see! But my immediate concern is about the concluding month of 2019. Will the nominations pick up? I will keep my fat fingers crossed.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, it will be deleted from the nominated posts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not for nomination.

Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, the nomination will be removed with a note that it is a copied piece and hence deleted.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only. This will not include your seconding of a nomination. In other words, only your primary nominations will be accounted towards the permitted four nominations.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the last day of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened on the First day of that month.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating:
    How to add a "Link" in my post?

- To add a link to the FB that you are nominating:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

stayblessed likes this.

2. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

I feel this December is the best among all the months, because for the first time it has started raining here in Chennai. Now we can heave a sigh of relief regarding depleting water sources and can face the summer of 2020 bravely. Hope nominations also start pouring, much to your liking.

Agatha83

Cheeniya likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

@Agatha83
    Dear Agatha
    Wish your hope comes true. Let alone 'pouring', right now I have not witnessed even a stray cloud in the azure sky!
    Sri

4. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

5. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Afresh likes this.
  6. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

7. Cheeniya

@stayblessed
    Dear @stayblessed
    Thank you for your nomination of @sln 's On Fairness[not The Fair &lovely Variety and @joylokhi , thanks a lot for seconding it.
    Let me first start with sln's postscript:
    sln, of course everything is normal! A blog like this cannot be born out of a sick pen. You have all our good wishes in abundance for a long and healthy life.
    Reading this blog was like reading the tales of Panchatantra. The moral of each story is woven nicely into the story. The clarity of narration is truly 'Agmark' sln.
    Sri

joylokhi likes this.
  8. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thanks a lot for your nomination of @Afresh 's The Concept Of Fairness This post was nominated by @Balajee in September. I had also given my detailed response in the thread itself. In my response, I had labelled it as a 'classic mental process'. I did mean it so.
    Sri

Afresh likes this.
  9. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

satchitananda likes this.
  10. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

My second nomination is @Gauri03 Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

There is wisdom, there is advice. Nice mix.
    "Love is as much a decision as it is a feeling. The first rush of love brings two people together and ties them into a shared existence, but to make it last they have to commit to it. Some days you will be overwhelmed by the love you feel, but on the days you don't, you have to consciously choose to love. "
    I wish I could write like her just once in my lifetime before I breathe my last :)

Gauri03 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.