1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Philips Soup Maker And Vitamix?

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Rihana, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have my own version of the cooktop-cover: circular wooden plate turned over and used. I've been eyeing many of the cooktop-covers mentioned in Instant Pot groups. Some cover half the range, some cover it entirely. The price of the good-looking ones puts me off. I should get one, I think. Anyway, all the gas stove metal grates (circular cast-iron thingie) are removed as I rarely light up the gas stove now. Only using the IP's.

Amulet likes this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have never been able to use the hand blender successfully. I cool the mixture and then use the Vitamix.

Yes, with so many Indian women using the IP placing it on the cooking range, I think we will eventually evolve to raised right shoulders as we crane our necks to look into the inner pot of the IP. : )
    I ordered it from the Philips website: Philips Soup Maker – Enjoy Healthy & Perfectly Textured Soups | Philips Gives a one-time 15% discount if you subscribe to the website.

Will be returning it though. I read more reviews in Amazon and I don't like the hassle of cleaning it. The electric parts do not detach from the part that needs cleaning, so have to be careful when washing it by hand in the sink. I bought it as it showed raw chicken can be put and it gets cooked. But on second thoughts, the blade part not detaching and cannot be fully submerged in water is a no-no for me, especially if I am using raw meat or oil/butter.

Counter space for that shouldn't be a problem. 6x8x12 inches. 12 inch high. If I didn't have 3qt, 6qt IP and a Vitamix, I would have kept it.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Amica and Amulet like this.
  3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Next to lighting a wick lamp in the house at dawn and dusk, having a daily kitchen fire is the mark of a flourishing, happy home. LED electric diya lamps, and IP's in the kitchen show how girls can lapse away into decadence :(:facepalm:without a proper mother-in-law in the house, to keep things in order.

I see that you have ordered the thing. If you decide not to return it, write a review of how it worked, and what you made. With your OPOS Tadka-premix, you might even be able to make Mysore Rasam in that soup pot. Useful in winters, with an extra touch of lime/lemon and pepper.

You can work around the raw meat issue. Buying costco-rotisserie chickens now and then, and putting whatever is needed into the soup might work. For cleaning, making a "soap*-soup", in whatever mode that is the most hot and aggressive, might get the darn thing clean in hot-soapy water. I can see how mothers might like such a thing for their children going off to live in a college dorm room, where rules disallow cooking, but allow warming foods, or making hotwater in a tea pot. *must use dishwasher detergent that doesn't foam.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Amica and Rihana like this.
  4. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for this. I was going to get a couple as gifts. It could be very handy in a dorm or while traveling. Pity about the hassles with cleaning.

The reviews say it doesn't cook meat despite the claims.

Rihana and Amulet like this.