1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life-biology, Geography Or History?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Nov 24, 2019.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Whether willing or unwilling, life takes its own course.Even while in college we have written essays on" Economics is a Science' maths is an art, Accountancy is philosophy and so on.
    There were times when people chose the profession according to their studies.
    When banks were nationalised, there were lot of opportunities in banks. Many students of Science,Home Science, Geography, Dieticians and Engineers joined banking Service.There were two or three IAS passed candidates in our bank. Then came the IT era. All studied Computer short term courses ,joined IT industry.Then came MBA.Degree holders in all the fields did one or two year Business management courses and joined as consultants.Many civil engineers were engaged in real estate business and became crorepatis.
    The present situation is very dull. There are pink slips retrenchments, down sizing everywhere throughout the globe.
    People are becoming too much depressed . for the past two years there is a flair for psychology and diploma in psychiatry so that they can treat the depressed as well as kids who are overpowered by media mania.
    Whether we fall in line, fall into the groove or flow with the tide, I don't know.We may be washed away or float for ever without reaching the shore.
    jayasala42

Viswamitra likes this.
  2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Here is some entertainment ...... characters in a retirement home, waiting for god.
    There is even a mention of a lizard (as a pet) in the first episode @Cheeniya

3. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

And the next is Artificial Intelligence !!!!

4. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

@HariLakhera ji,
    Now that you have reminded us of this immortal ghazal let us enjoy it in its entirety no?
    I couldn’t resist and so here it is -

Thank you for reminding me of an old favorite.

5. HariLakhera

Thank You. Enjoyed. Old is gold, No?

1Sandhya likes this.
  6. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Haanji, Bilkul! Yes, absolutely! Thanks to your post, I refreshed my old memories. Spent the whole evening listening to all those ghazal gems. "Hazaaron Khwaishein aisi..." "Aah ko chahiye..." etc. Each better than the preceding one. The holy trinity of Ghalib, Gulzar and Jagjit Singh has given us unforgettable gems.

HariLakhera likes this.
  7. HariLakhera

No doubt. Jagjit Singh was very choosy in selecting the Ghazals. Nida Fazali was one of his fav. Every Ghazal writer aspired to be sung by him.
    Hazaaron saal nargisi apni benoori pe roti hai,
    Badi muskil se hota hai chaman me deedawar koi paida.

8. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

HariLakhera likes this.
  9. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Just beautiful
    SLN