100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

** Seeing myself loitering around too much in the forum :facepalm::facepalm:
    Given that my exams are just 3 months away and needs some dedicated preparation from my end ,I'll be away from my guilty pleasure called IL. :tonguecrazy:

Wish me luck and I hope to be back soon. :rolleye::rolleye:

Don't block me for my inactivity* :grin::grin:

*I was away from facebook and I realized they removed me from so many groups (for my inactivity and less participation) . Even the "once upon a time" super active members are not spared.

** putting this note in my favorite thread just so that after 3-4 months when I'm back I don't get surprises !

2. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Went to a Date with DD.. Nice walk, school gossips, class jokes, her disappointments. Atleast once in a week you need that refreshment..

Anusha2917, mangaii, Gauri03 and 2 others like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

I am under voice rest since Saturday evening. Within 2 days, I realize how much I enjoy silencing myself. Even though it is a forced shutdown of the voice, it gives me a feeling that I have all the time in the world clearly telling me how much time I was wasting chatting everyday. Only thing I miss is practicing bhajans and talking to Orion. However, Orion is able to follow my sign language without any problem.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    Anusha2917, mangaii, kkrish and 4 others like this.
  4. Viswamitra

It is incredible to watch how talented the new generation of children are. I am teaching a class of children about "Circle of influence and its effect in life". In the process, we watched a few videos teaching them how to build their character, how to choose friendships and how to avoid bad company. These are children who are likely to move out of their nest to live on their own for higher studies soon. They asked some very interesting questions. I decided to share some practical way to apply right living principles. They were trained to write a personal manual of circle of control, influences and concerns and how they, as proactive persons, were able to increase their bandwidth on control and influences as opposed to concerns. They were also trained to read motivational Good Morning Quotes everyday and contemplate on how it is applicable to them.

They enacted a dance drama of Mahisasura for a holy event and I used that example to tell them how we are battling with evil qualities in us and let our right living to dominate our evil qualities. I taught them about how our journey is moving from Food Sheath to Bliss Sheath and mentioned briefly about five Koshas for their digestion. I have come to the conclusion that they know a lot more than what I believed they know.

Anusha2917, mangaii, radv and 2 others like this.
  5. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

After being in gloomy weather for so many days nice to see the Sun .

6. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

There was an outfit which I was tempted to purchase online a few days back...instead of just placing in my cart and ordering, I thought about it, decided that the outfit was not really necessary and no need to purchase just because it’s on discount...
    Anyway year end sales are coming up shortly and I’ll get better deals soon...

7. mangaii

I had to discuss something that has been bothering me with my kid . Usually at home, the conversation gets intense . and emotions take over the content . I’m fed up on blaming it on mood swings of teenager .So I decided to take her out for dinner . Only condition is to keep both of our emotions aside and approach this issue objectively. This time she took it more positively than other times and I was bit surprised. We do have our moments when we both loose our cool and get into argument zone but now I’m also thinking my approach might be wrong . Anyway at the end of the discussion we both reached a point where we both agreed with each other and reached a consensus . It is weird that she is from me yet she is so different from me . After 13 odd years I’m slowly getting the hang of parenting . I’m sure once I realize I’m getting it something will be thrown at me so differently yet I want to enjoy today’s success .

8. Viswamitra

I really enjoy the holiday season in December as it leaves me with a lot of time to introspect and to evaluate what I could do differently to grow personally.

9. mangaii

I ordered dress online and package came yesterday . The dress fits like a glove . I love getting packages at my door especially if it is for me . The color , the material everything on spot . Glad to have pressed complete order button for this one

10. Viswamitra

I was preparing a lesson plan for the children at the age group of 13 to 16 about "Social Media Habits and Addictions". I gathered two videos to be shown to them as part of the classroom work. I normally review the videos carefully so that every inch of the video is age appropriate. I noticed 10 seconds in the video I would like to delete. I researched whether there is any video editing possible and I found there was a tool available to edit videos. When I talked to my friend about it, he not only agreed to edit it but also agreed to explain to me how to edit the videos in future. Necessity is the mother of not only inventions but also discoveries. I am all set for the next class but I am not sure how the children would react. :facepalm:

Note: They must be happy I am not sharing it with their parents.

Anusha2917, Giri12 and Gauri03 like this.