General Chat And Banter

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Greenbay, Nov 13, 2019.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Just see the ad guys..Can you believe it?
    Actors are..

Priyanka Chopra
    Neha Dhupia
    Saif Ali Khan

Two things that is bothersome..

1) The commercial for fairness cream

2) The girl still going back to the guy who ditched her in the first place for another woman.

Sad..

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    Vaikuntha and Sunshine04 like this.
  2. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

CAA4D470-A344-4604-B7A8-04CC97B954D8.gif Pure white or Pinkish white...right

Ps: that cat.. isnt she a beauty :kissingheart:

Greenbay, Amulet, Mistt and 1 other person like this.
  3. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

I can't believe Priyanka Chopra did this racist commercial ad! She has faced racism herself so how can she make an ad that supports blatant racism?? I'm really dissapointed in her and she should be ashamed of herself!

Vaikuntha, Greenbay and anika987 like this.
  4. Sunshine04

Priyanka Chopra's Unsurprising Experience With Racism in Hollywood
    Chopra Lost A Movie Role
    “I was out for a movie, and somebody [from the studio] called one of my agents and said, ‘She’s the wrong—what word did they use?—"physicality," explains Chopra. Assuming the comment related to her weight, Chopra asked, "Do I need to be skinnier? Do I need to get in shape? Do I need to have abs?" Her agent then broke it down: "I think, Priy, they meant that they wanted someone who’s not brown.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  5. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

Moral of the story: That cream didnt work.
    That ad seems to be older ... when fairness was the trend... now the new trend is to seek attention... meticulous trend following, hey Ms Chopra?

Vaikuntha, Greenbay, anika987 and 2 others like this.
  6. Sunshine04

Yes. It's all about the money

anika987 likes this.
  7. Sunshine04

:roflmao:

Roar and Vaikuntha like this.
  8. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Morals for the dark fellows:
    1. A girl can be too white for you; don't go and spring for a big diamond ring.
    2. Dark girls are loyal, even if you screw around, and then come back.

9. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Many asian countries suffer this problem. Chinese use facekini's (a facial mask to block the sun), as well as full body suits, when they go to the beach in summer time. The white skin is a beautiful thing in China as well. Luckily most of the northern chinese come talc-white and all they need to do is to protect it against turning red or brown.

Do y'all know that SK-II ( an asian Cosmetic Brand, the name derived from saké-katsu) originated from the rice mash byproduct of making the alcoholic beverage called "saké"?

Cooked rice is fermented with a bacteria and the sludge is filtered to make saké. The filtercake is called saké-katsu (roughly, sake-sludge). The workers who mix-knead the cooked rice, bacteria sludge found that their hands got bleached upto their elbows (how far they stuck their hands in there), said "ah...ha" and left it at that. However, theatrical performers in Kabuki theater saw that, and decided to use that sludge as face-packs to bleach their face white, as well as apply additional powder from the same sludge before the show.

[ Saké-katsu is a good additive for idly-dosa batter also -- Amulet's California friend, who gets that from Japanese grocery store says so. This makes sense, because s-k is a fermented rice product].

This rice-sludge (saké-katsu) is a good, safe bleaching agent for skin if any of our ILF members are keen, and hate synthetic bleaches. You can get this in Japanese stores on the western states in USA (Seattle, Portland, big cities in California). I don't know where you'd get this in India. Sometimes it is sold in plastic bag packs, in the refrigerated section.

The following is from a Thai TV commercial, going a wee bit hyperbolic in the power of their whitening cream.
    [​IMG]

Vaikuntha, Sunshine04 and shravs3 like this.
  10. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Has Amulet tried this? Did it work?
    Generally people want genuine reviews especially from known people. Only after that people tend to try as they don’t want to risk their already beautiful face.

Vaikuntha, Sunshine04 and Amulet like this.