1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Neighbour Issue

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by priyakannan, Nov 21, 2019.

1. deeprapriya

deeprapriya Gold IL'ite

Just ignore that peraoband carry on with life.... Don't talk with him...If he approaches for asking anything, just make sure your husband answers him.... These kind of people are there everywhere...just ignore, so many things are there in your personal life which needs to be taken care...so enjoy it and dont get into thinking unwanted persons...

2. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

Ignore him. Not worth wasting even few minutes doubting and thinking about a man who isn't related to you or your life and stop giving liberty to any man who give you confused signs. If you have a happy married life, have wisdom to know that this is how disastrous chapters of married life begin with.

3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

:thumbsup:

Love thy neighbour - is sometimes called the #2 commandment. I wondered if other faiths have a similar "golden rule". Apparently so...<source>

....many faiths and secular beliefs have in common – “Love thy neighbour”, or the “Golden Rule” as it is also known.

Practically every faith that exists in the world today has this Golden Rule in some shape or form as part of their teachings. We chose a few examples from different faiths to highlight this fact.

Judaism: “You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against your kinsfolk. Love your neighbor as yourself: I am the LORD.” — Leviticus 19:18

Christianity: "Do to others what you want them to do to you." Matthew 7:12

Islam: "As you would have people do to you, do to them; and what you dislike to be done to you, don't do to them.” — Kitab al-Kafi, vol. 2, p. 146

Baha’i faith: “And if thine eyes be turned towards justice, choose thou for thy neighbour that which thou choosest for thyself.” — Bahá'u'lláh

Hinduism: “If the entire Dharma can be said in a few words, then it is—that which is unfavorable to us, do not do that to others.” — Padmapuraana, shrushti 19/357–358

Buddhism: “Hurt not others in ways that you yourself would find hurtful.” — Udanavarga 5:18

Jainism: “A man should wander about treating all creatures as he himself would be treated.” — Sutrakritanga, 1.11.33

Sikhism: “Precious like jewels are the minds of all. To hurt them is not at all good. If thou desirest thy Beloved, then hurt thou not anyone's heart.” — Guru Arjan Dev Ji 259, Guru Granth Sahib

Taoism: “Regard your neighbour's gain as your own gain, and your neighbor's loss as your own loss.” — T'ai Shang Kan Ying P'ien

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  4. priyakannan

priyakannan Senior IL'ite

Thanks Priya for your view and feedback. Very much useful at this juncture to me.

5. priyakannan

Thanks, now more clear on how to approach

sweetsmiley and Twinkel like this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I do love this acknowledgement! A proper closure too.

7. priyakannan

Hi Amulet,
    This forum seems very helpful for lot of females please avoid hurting.

Topaz49 and SGBV like this.
  8. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

If you believe that, you have a difficult road ahead. Walk safely.

Topaz49 likes this.
  9. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Please ignore.
    I know it hurts, specially when you are repeatedly & sarcastically targeted by someone.
    It can irritate you, if you are already disturbed; hence came here to vent.
    I've been there, done that & learnt my lessons the hard way.

Don't lose your cool. The report button is just a click away.

Sony23, Sunshine04 and priyakannan like this.
  10. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

If you are not sure that it will affect your marriage, then, you have the answer.