1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Music Of Mantovani

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by Cheeniya, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Annunzio Paolo Mantovani, popularly known as Mantovani, was an Anglo-Italian. he was a conductor, composer and a light entertainer who spent over 40 years in producing enchanting music. He was "Britain's most successful album act before the Beatles...the first act to sell over one million stereo albums and six albums simultaneously in the US Top 30 in 1959. I first heard him in the late '50s and became an ardent fan. To tell you the truth, I have a sizable collection of his disks. When you listen to him, you are stunned by his cascading strings technique. He has scored music for a number of films and plays too. Mantovani's string arrangements was the most "rich and mellifluous" of the emerging light music style during the early 1950s.
    Here is my selection for you:

La Mer touches the soul. As one fan remarks, "please, take me back to this moment in time, when music was music,really makes the soul feel good listening to this beautiful music, unlike the noise we have to put up with today"

Dream of Olwen from the movie While I Live. Says a fan: I have loved this piece of music ever since I saw the film “While I Live” as a teenager in England. "As I listen to it I visualize Cornwall and the rugged Coastline. This is the most wonderful recording of it."

Greansleeves. Says a fan: I always cry when I hear this song! It's so beautiful!!!!!!

Summertime in Venis. "Oh my I love this music and I love the very romantic Venice wonderful" cries a fan

From the movieThe Way to the Stars. A fan writes:
    "Utterly magnificent. Complex and sustained. A tribute to all those who fought and won."

Listen and be lost in utter tranquility!

Rihana, Amica and Mistt like this.

2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Uncle,
    Thank you for sharing wonderful music collection. I enjoyed both music and visualization of the songs. So much of calmness.

3. Cheeniya

@Mistt
    Thank you Mistt. I grew up in this musical ambience. I am reliving my youth by sharing such music. I am happy you like it all.

Mistt likes this.
  4. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

I enjoyed the entire collection of your songs. The visuals are equally soothing to the eyes, just like the music. The blend of harmonica, piano, violin, accordion.- each musical instrument speaks its own language and tugs our heart. I am sure most of our Bollywood MDs would have got inspiration listening to these LP records those times.

Agatha83

Mistt likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

@Agatha83
    Dear Agatha
    LP records! The amount of money I spent on them those days! I had a Garrard Record Changer and an expensive audio system. I now have a Bang & Olufsen Bluetooth speaker which enhances my listening pleasure. I have a lot more to present here even if I have just one reader. That's my passion for music.
    Thank you for stepping in Agatha
    Sri

Rihana and Mistt like this.