Prayer For Marriage

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Angel121, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Angel121

Angel121 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies

I hope everyone is well. I know this question has been asked a million times on this forum, but i would like to ask again and i would like others experiences.

What prayers are effective to get married? I am of Indian ethnicity, but 6th generation in a country outside of India. I am a practicing Hindu. I have even gone to the extent of having astrology consultations on this subject, but I have not been told anything solid. I have researched online on prayer etc to do with regards to this and i am overwhelmed. Please give me advice.

Thanks in advance :)

2. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

3. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

How do people get matched up for marriage in that country outside of India? In Malaysia, we have special gatherings of parents, aunties, and uncles in grand parties as part of someone else's weddings. They all chat together, get to know who is who, who is what, who is how-old etc.. and then ask the kids to meet and chat under the wedding's big chaperon. If there are meetings of minds, there'd be more weddings. We have also begun advertise in newspapers for finding matches. You must find out how it is done in your generations (among cousins) and your parents' and grandparents' generations in your country. Then modify that to fit your feelings. And then there is age-old advice from the great Tiger Hunter called Jim Corbett [ a national forest tiger reserve is named after this fellow], and this advice is almost like a prayer. He had said (I paraphrase) that if one wants to hunt, one must go to where the animal comes to drink. This does not have to be a bar, serving drinks. In some cultures, it is the weddings of relatives, in others it could be dance halls, and often it is the college or university where the young ones go to study.

4. Angel121

Angel121 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Nonya

Here , you are pretty much on your own to find a spouse. I have had multiple relationships. I have met a lot of men, but none are suitable or of the right caliber. Most relations seem to break off suddenly.

5. Angel121

Angel121 Bronze IL'ite

2 years later and I was about to start a post about this again, but while browsing through my previous posts, i found this.

Any advice fellow IL'ites?

6. sindhuja21

sindhuja21 Senior IL'ite

soem say rukmini kalyanam, which is rukmini's beautiful letter to lord krishna in which she prays to lord krishna to come and rescue her against marrying the man her brother or father has chosen for her swayamvar and rukmini tells lord krishna that she wnats to marry only him as no man can compare to lord krishna which is so true and beautiful.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  7. sindhuja21

sindhuja21 Senior IL'ite

but these days people in west and big cities in india are facing this problem. lot of women have become very choosy and are scared of getting into marriage with chauvinistic man.hopefully, prayers might help but always ask for a good husband as people do get married but to wrong person and then divorce. i can think of asking shirdi sai baba's blessings or rukmini kalyanam for good spouse. but it all depends on the time but try shirdi sai baba prayer or rukmini kalyanam. read another totka on this site where it says throw a unlocked lock on 4 way crossing to remove any bad omen someone may have placed on someone.well, tried all 3 for our daughter who is 40 plus and looking for 5 to 6 years and as you mentioned, dates happen but she says she hasn't found the one because men are flaky or not upto standards as you mentioned and she does not believe in compromising or settling for anyone. .and astrology also is not true, got prediction from a very famous hindu astrologer and naother astrologer who said 6 years back she will have a very good spouse and very happy married life. it has not happened even 6 years after. but keep praying. please also try sites such as one in your country to meet local men or shaadi but shaadi.com has lot of chauvinist old fashioned men. also don't be to hard on yourself when chanting mantra like some people say take bath at 5 or 4 in the morning, it is not good to be hard on oneslef or is not feasible in very cold places. god just cares about prayer from the heart. i think it is all about time but keep praying for the best.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  8. sindhuja21

sindhuja21 Senior IL'ite

But to uplift your spirits, i do know of a woman who in her 40s got married for the first time to a very handsome wall street investment banker 6 years younger. So, when it is time, it is time.

hino likes this.
  9. Angel121

Angel121 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sindhuja

Thank you for your advice and inspiration. I really appreciate it.

I guess only those who can relate to my situation can really understand.

My Devi Ma bless your daughter with a good spouse and married life.

10. pinkpeony

pinkpeony Senior IL'ite

I want advice on the same topic