1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Diplomatic And Adjustment Battle With Father In-law

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Reesha, Nov 15, 2019.

1. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Yes. +1

mangaii likes this.
  3. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Then the decision making should be handed over to the youngest kid in the family

rgz likes this.
  4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

As for the problem, if people choose to live in a joint family,they should try and follow the basic rules like the older generation should atleast believe in spiritual sanyas and not interfere with the decisions of the younger generations once they are the primary caretakers of the home.

When the younger generation stays in the older generations house,they should not interfere in the decisions about the house that does not belong to them and the older generation should follow the same when they live in the house of the younger couple.

Op....tell him it is illegal to cut trees . If that doesn't satisfy him....put some idol under the tree and make a small symbolic mandir there.

If you are not religious...then you can put up a swing on the tree. Hang a few bird houses .
    If it was me....I would have tracked down his vaastu guru and put a police complaint against him for inciting violence against full grown trees.

If the steps are dangerous for the kids safety, don't have them .

Let in laws have freedom in their room and make cosmetic changes in vastu that are not permanent or dangerous.

Making changes that you don't agree with in the house you have worked hard for and waited for so long will only make you bitter and frustrated. That is not going to help either in laws or you in the long run .
    Better to put up resistance now and live with them happily rather than listen to their demands and live with them with constant bitterness.

A happy dil is better for the inlaws than any luck right vaastu may bring .

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2019
    Rihana, yesican and shravs3 like this.
  5. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

It seems like you got loads of frustation stuffed inside you and the home decor is just bringing it out. This post is just a symptom. Please find the root of the problem:hmmm:.

Ps: I love big trees... they have seen a lot I think ...and they serve calmness yet strength.. I would keep them

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2019
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

True. Hog the TV remote, watch NDTV all day, basically, be your retired age. : )

Yes. The house might be one, but who is living with whom matters.

Well said and practical.