General Chat And Banter

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Greenbay, Nov 13, 2019.

1. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Aitraaz ?

Anusha2917 likes this.
  2. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Both husband and wife laughing for 2 whole years about a colleague hitting on the husband ? The only worry was about maintaining social connections with the woman hitting on the husband :BangHead:. I really hope she was a troll.

Vaikuntha, Sunshine04 and Anusha2917 like this.
  3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

You hope? Why?
    If she wasn't a troll, and has that situation in her real life, she'd already received a whole lot of things from the IL forum. No one had recommended that she baby-sit the interloper's children, and lend out her husband to find out exactly what he can find out. We are not all that curious as we could be, not when the mod's are watching over us, and snipping threads when they get unbearably long, tangled, and delightfully kinky.
    :roflmao:

Anusha2917 likes this.
  4. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

I am "neither cool nor matured" to accept OP's situation .
    Husband coming home and saying "one pregnant colleague says some sort of things like she loves him or whatever " and me having a good laugh with him about it..
    No way!!

If it's a troll I wonder why they choose love angle topics to post .
    Remember dentist wala post? :laughing::laughing:

shravs3 likes this.
  5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

The OP has to choose some genre that gets the most responses, and fast. We know that the approximate ranking of which genre gets the most attention would be.....

(1) MiL abuse of OP (2) dH abuse of OP (3) Mil & dH together abuse of OP (4) dH ignoring OP and not offering intimacy (5) dH likely engaged in EMA, suspects OP (6) OP engaged in EMA, and what can she do? (7)miscellaneous in-laws misbehaving and harassing the OP....

Love angle is only a second rate thread starter behind domestic abuse. But then, we cannot simply presume that the troll OP has this data, and makes a top choice. People do make mistakes.

A good troll OP could be to combine a MIL story to a love angle. For example, what if ....

A MIL comes to visit (Kalamazoo, Michigan) to help her DIL with post-natal childcare. And after the maternity leave is over, DIL is off to work, and MIL is home-alone taking care of baby, and watching "As the World Turns" episodes on TV. And one day she decided to take the baby (in stroller) out to the park nearby. She decides not to stick out in her colorful indian outfits, and so puts on her DiL's pants (from the set-aside maternity collection), and tops under her over coat, and off she goes. Successful outing -- baby slept all the way, and MIL had a wonderful time looking at birds, and other people on walks with their dogs and babies. She does the walks more frequently. One day she meets a guy who has been out walking his dog. He tries to talk to her in Spanish, and then realizes that the brown lady could actually speak English. Ice broken. Usual banal conversation exchange happens. And so on.

< skip a few months...... DiL and Son getting comfy with older lady taking care of baby. DiL pleasantly surprised by how much MiL doesn't talk about all the things that had been a huge issue before she came to America ... Meanwhile, the MiL never gets the gumption to invite Greg, the walking park guy to her home in the afternoons, although she had gone to his house in the afternoons;) quite a number of times.>

MiL's walking park friend is a single gentleman, early retired from the Pharma industry, and working from home on his own. He likes the indian lady, happy that she too is unmarried, and when he heard that she is going to go back to India, because her visa is to expire, he takes a very drastic step. Tells her how he feels about her company, and would she please grant him her companionship for the rest of his life ? MiL is pleased by this proposition, but she tells the guy she has to consult her family, before she could give him any answer.

She broaches the subject gently with her DiL.... She asks her DiL: ".....This is a very nice town, this Kamalazoo (sic!)", she begins, and continues,"....what if I live here for longer time...so that I can see little Gopi grow up and go to school ...".
    DiL (shocked...and suspects that MiL had already talked to her son): "Have you talked to Subbu already ? Is he going to support?"
    MiL: "No...not yet. I will talk to him. But what do you say ?"
    DiL: (relieved, that she has yet time to talk her husband out of sponsoring the old lady for immigration) " ...ooooh..then it is OK. Talk to him during next weekend, don't bother him after working days".
    MiL: " yes... that is fine. I will talk to him about it later"

That night the DiL writes a post to IL Forum, asking us how she can talk her MiL out of leeching on to her husband permanently in the USA. Amulet advices her to save money, and plan to get a divorce. Anusha2917 tells her to gently negotiate with the MIL, talk about how many things she'd miss in Bangalore, and the friends she has in the mansion society, and all her other nephews and nieces in India.

The DiL has no idea that the MiL could be helped in the migration in a very different immediate relative category. What would she say when she finds out that she'd soon gain a FiL as well as lose a leech ?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    Greenbay, Anusha2917 and Sunshine04 like this.
  6. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

Well, we are all such mix here :beer-toast1:..some people are vigilant enuf, some people are mushy enough :). Bhumi was being mushy...

Personally, OP on the her post,lost me at her priorities :'unfriending on facebook'

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    Anusha2917 and Sunshine04 like this.
  7. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

OP was totally messed up on priorities.

However, I don't for 100% think she was a troll per se, may be testing waters with making up some of the story.

I have a friend who has a sparkling social life and after a random 4 months she calls me she has been playing socially low with the same group of couples. I asked her why.

Apparently they all planned lots of camping trips as families. In those campings my friend and her H was supposed to put up a camp fire. When they do.. all 4 couples (8 people ) sit around and slowly people disappear quoting chores. Eg; Wife A goes to do the dishes while Hus D goes to drink water. So everytime its only my friend and her H ending up around the fire. It wasnt the couple time they were making. Also jokes on who would look better in a certain bikini etc sometimes in front of the kids...a group discussion.
    I mean you need a level of 'coolness' to be a part of those convos.
    All this made my friend look for friends who would better suit the actual her as she was pretending hard to enjoy the company.

Its one heck of a world and there are all types:buenrollo:.

Vaikuntha, Greenbay and Sunshine04 like this.
  8. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

9. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Bigil paandiamma.
    I like her attitude

Roar likes this.
  10. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Very talented!