1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Obstacles

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Lakshmi,

I always enjoy reading your responses to my snippet because they are extremely focused on specific points in the snippet.

I am glad you agree that obstacles are helping us to remain calm and collected as that mental state is needed for us to be happy in life.

I really liked your term, "rise and shine". Yes. That is exactly how I feel. Even in response to @Anusha2917, I have mentioned that even emotions and feelings are to release thoughts about the obstacles in a systematic way to overcome the obstacles. The entire ecosystem functions seamlessly with no stings attached and if we learn from how the Macrocosm functions, taking and giving proportionately, the human mind would also function seamlessly. The caretaker of the universe knows how to help us find a solution to the obstacles we face either through grace, calmer mind, help from the fellow-beings or other means. Why should we limit resolution of the obstacles to what our mind could comprehend? Let us become an observer of actions and reactions and try to keep our mind in constant flow state to achieve bliss.

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

In one of Nietsche's works ,(I hink it is Thus Spake Zarathustr) but I am no sure). There is a dialogue between a piece of coal and a diamond. The coal is complaining about thew pressure and heat but the diamo nd sas "Without them and without being ct, how can you create?" " Pain and suffering are like the heat and pressre that turns a coal into a diamond.

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Dear Balajee,

Well said and I am not sure I missed these golden words quoted by you for this long. Even an ornament made by gold is tempered in fire for a prolonged period of time. When we see the beauty of the work, we fail to recognize what that piece of gold encountered to become so beautiful. Even in case of stone becoming a statue, it has taken many pain in order to become a beautiful statue.

4. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches and he or she only can find an answer too. In my opinion, every obstacle has been a lesson. It is only when we brood upon the obstacle that we know what went wrong and what can be done next.
    Life has never been a bed of roses for anybody. Some face the obstacles headon, some find an alternative and some get crushed. In all cases, the obstacle leaves a lesson behind.
    It will be interesting to know to what extent we were responsible for such obstacle. We just cannot brush it away by cursing out fate or bad karma or an act of our enemies. I have found that in most cases, there was an alternative but that was a longer route and I took the short cut.
    Yes, there is no point in carrying the baggage for life. At the same time, as long as our senses are alive, our past keeps coming back.

5. Viswamitra

Dear Hari Sir,

You are up to the point in your responses which I enjoy reading always. Obstacles are the necessary elements in our lives for us to improve our self-confidence. Self-confidence is derived from our will power. I am a believer that all our thoughts and all experiences happen are aligned with what we came here for and hence learning out of them is an important goal in our lives. Sometimes, a big obstacle may have a hidden opportunity for us to make the next major step in our lives. The only thing that prevents us from facing the obstacles courageously is our fear.