1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Convince Conservative Parents?

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by EightKittens, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

Parents duty or even right was appropriate eons ago when girls were not educated and settling them means, getting them married. Girls also didn't have the opportunity to meet guys and they were married young.
    Parents have changed enough to educate their children, let them go abroad, work and live independently. It is time that they respect their grown child, trust and allow them to make the most important decision of their life. Being a parent doesn't give them right to arrange their marriage.

EightKittens and Sunshine04 like this.
  2. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

agree 100%

EightKittens likes this.
  3. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

Move back to India just to get married?

4. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

might help .... just kidding
    Only way things can change when educated grown children truly become independent and find their own mate, societal change can take place.

EightKittens likes this.
  5. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Flurry of thoughts in your thread, each asserting that you are cosmopolitan, articulate, and self-sufficient. Undoubtedly you are!
    I have no input for your main inquiry, though it struck me as considerate. Most singletons tide over that guidance expecting their parents to ease out, humouring them a bit, the family seemingly reconciling to each other's ideology yet upholding their pursuits, which means, your parents will tempt you with matches and you will graciously push them back until you find your catch. Your parents desire timely and conventional prosperity in you, marriage and kids, which might be optionally fulfilling to you though you don't detest that idealised setup, yet, you don't want it to consume you. Just hmm and scratchy-chin to their ideas.

Myth that no happy companionship, though everlasting could be argued. Some relationships are terminated because the couple could not find what they want in each other, some initially 'having found' (aka love) relationships also fizzle out because the outgrown couple want something else later. That anecdotal of other's setbacks should not act as a deterrent to believing your 'happy in-between' if not 'happy ending', you just reboot and find new love.

If I had a hat on me right now, I would have bowed it at this line. That's a fantastic attitude in life!
    Go girl, you are a charmer to savvy men who see that acumen in you.

Religionless and child-free were demonic utterances in the past. In today's world, women have reasonably managed to factor in those preferences in probing the suitability of their partner.

If that is what you feel self-assured about, just a matter of time to cross paths with someone compatible with your taste of life. You definitely sound like that woman to me who could be fancied by men for the fluency and solidarity in your outlook and reasons.

I love the way you have responded to everyone in gratitude and inclusivity of their opinions. You have to do the same with your parents, too, privileging their competency to guide you, yet, cherishing your distinctive and personal beliefs without alienating their counsel.

startinganew likes this.