1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Mental Health Of Parents With Special Needs Kids

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by Laks09, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Viswa sir - Thank you for stopping by and saying these things to me. Sometimes, we do it all and still don't have the confidence that we are doing it right. It feels good to get positive reinforcement from those whom I respect so much. Thanks a lot for saying these things.

I'm not sure I'm all that great with everything you have stated but I do possess the uncanny ability to go give gyaan even when I'm not quite so well versed in many subjects. I've slid too many times. Right now, my health isnt the best and my weight has ballooned to the highest it has ever been, thanks to stress.

Sir, I'm the most impatient person you would have ever know. I hold everything together with a very thin thread and when it snaps, I often grieve yet again, snap at something trivial yet again or break down yet again. I've noticed that whatever happens, I'm able to get myself together and face a new day and new challenges. I hope moms know that we are human and can sometimes cave under this stress but end of the day, we will somehow make it. These days, I'm unable to take external stressors. I can't deal with a lot of things I was able to with ease earlier because my cup gets full too soon. Hopefully, I can also learn to let go and let things i cannot control not take me over the edge.

Thank you! When we know there is no option, we often times end up finding the strengths to endure. I think if I was ever told a decade ago that I would be here today, I would have not believed it. We all have reserves of grit within us and we find it when the going gets tough.

2. Laks09

Thanks Sandhya! Thank you for the wishes and the blessing. Always needed and very welcome.

3. rgz

rgz Gold IL'ite

@Laks09 - I am yet to absorb the thread fully.
    Kudos on doing the absolute best, and beyond, for your kid, and also helping out other kids and parents.
    Stay Blessed!

Laks09 and KashmirFlower like this.
  4. Laks09

Thanks Rags! I do it for me rather than the others. Sharing helps, sometimes more than we realize.

5. Agathinai

Agathinai Gold IL'ite

You are such an inspiration for all mothers. You sharing your experience with others is highly commendable and I appreciate you for all your selfless service for such people by giving valuable advice.
    May God bless you and your family.

Laks09 likes this.
  6. Laks09

Thank you @Agathinai.

Agathinai likes this.
  7. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

Thank you for the post.

Its so beautiful to see that you and your kid are complimenting each other in making each others lives more...'full of life', through thick and thin. The resilience :worship2:. You have an amazing way of seeing things. God bless :)
    I am quietly learning :).

Laks09 likes this.
  8. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Great @Laks09
    What a strong woman & mother. I always look up to you, and admire your advice in everything.
    I've read somewhere that God sends special needs kids to most wonderful mothers. Because no one can love a special needs kids the way their mothers do.
    I am sure God knew that you are that awesome mother; hence your baby is safe.

I have read your posts, even before I officially joined this forum.
    When I was carrying my first child, I remember reading something about low amniotic fluid problems, and you were the first one to respond back then.
    Since then, I know your boy and his journey.

Every time I think of a child with Autism, I remember your boy, and say a prayer for him.
    In fact, I remembered him when I was at a famous Basilica last time, where the prayers were specified at the interest of special needs kids.

I am also nominating your post, as it is something every mothers could feel and relate to.

Laks09 likes this.
  9. Laks09

@Roar,
    I didn’t think of it this way. Thank you for saying this. The entire family is trying to make it work for all of us and also make it meaningful.

10. Laks09

Thank you for the prayers, SGBV. Prayers are always welcome. Thank you for thinking of us and keeping us in your prayers.
    I’m not sure I was built for this but I know there is no choice other than to be strong, crumble, pull myself together and do it all over again. I hope he has a fulfilling life and I work towards that goal daily.