1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Entertain Kids During Summer Vacations?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by anika987, Nov 11, 2019.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I know it’s a long time for that but
    Since we are planning a summer vacation to get good deals ahead,dh told me that I can add a couple of weeks to India if I want.The amount we give for a summer camp, might as well use for a India trip

I love that idea but honestly this time don’t feel like it:( My in-laws hate me coming to India and having a good time,going out with my friends and taunt me all the time.I Lose my happiness and do not want to go through that again.last year was a nightmare.

however,how do I keep a kid engaged for two months?she will be six and a half years.

What kind of full day summer camps are there for an older child?How do parents engage their kids all summer?

If there is not much options,I might add an India trip and look for vacations like Bali,Singapore,Malaysia like that.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Start looking around in your area and talk to other moms. There are plenty of options depending on what your child likes: sports, dance, theatre, arts and crafts, nature etc. The best camps fill up fast so do your homework early.

anika987 likes this.
  3. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Try cruise trip with kids friendly like Disney cruise...

Try Canada Trip, Disney Land in FL is very big I am not sure which state you live.