1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Face and Skin care Products: Discussion and Reviews

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by ridgemma, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Re: garnier whitening cream

hi...

it is available in india in most of the shops health and glow and many shopping malls including cosmetics shop too sell that....i used it but i didn't find it so good i use olay.

2. ranivasan

ranivasan Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    You do get garnier whitening cream in the US. I use it whenever i go for parties and after using it u can see the change right way. It's available in india too at many supermarkets and shoppers shop etc. DO check it.

3. vidhya parani

vidhya parani Senior IL'ite

hi,
    i tried a garnier skin lightening lotion ( dont know if it is the same whitening cream you guys are talking abt), but like deepi says, it dint help much other than causing breakouts on my face..

4. supriya

supriya New IL'ite

Face and Skin care Products and reviews

hi

any one used ponds white beauty ....please let me know the review..i want to buy it...and let me know the best face wash for combination skin...

eagerly waiting

thanks
    supriya

5. andalnvp

andalnvp New IL'ite

Query abt Golden facial

Hi Friends

Am getting married on Oct19th,my marriage will be in Coimbatore........am staying in chennai...my friends suggested me for Golden facial before marriage...........am leaving to my hometown on 13th....1.I want to know whether i can do this golden facial one week before in chennai or in my hometown(4days befor marriage)

2.Then pl tell me does this golden facial will be good.can i go for this..........
    3.Then can any one suggest me best hair removal products,is Gillete womens razors good...tell me where i can buy this in chennai)

sry for too many qs

Regards
    Vishnu

6. Saideeps

Saideeps Bronze IL'ite

over usage of beauty products!!!!!!!!!

You may know your beauty products but that's not enough. If you have been using your fairness creams as often as you feel like and using that hair iron as if they were a hair brush, wake up!

Excessive use of beauty products can spell DANGER for your skin and body. Dr. Purnima Mhatre, cosmetologist and Dr. Rekha Sheth, dermatologist share with us the ill effects of overdoing it with beauty tools.

It's the age of fast-track solutions to your acne, frizzy hair, dark circles and every beauty trouble by and large. Indian women now have a large range, from mild to extra-strong products to choose from. Unfortunately, with choice, the overkill of beauty products is on the rise as well, so are the problems caused by it.

Dr. Rekha Sheth says, "While choosing multiple brands, we must understand that our skin has limited ways of reacting to effects. End result will be the same no matter which product you apply as the Indian skin reacts in a peculiar way."

Dr Sheth and Dr Mhatre warn about some common cases of overuse -

Acne Cream
    [​IMG]
    Beware of too much acne cream - it could result in a new set of problems for your skin. "Acne creams can literally burn your skin. Firstly, your skin will begin to irritate, you will notice dryness, peeling, redness, swelling, itching, burning, oozing and in worse cases septic. In some cases it might just peel and turn dark brown or black," says Dr. Sheth.
    Stick to the usage instructions given by your dermatologist.

Scrubs
    Scrubs may give you the essential glow, but they are NOT for everyday use. Scrubs can irritate your skin gradually and your skin may turn darker and darker because of this micro-level inflammation. Try to avoid grainy scrubs and stick to polythene and soapy scrubs, if you tend to overdo scrubbing.

Fairness Cream
    Instead of you becoming Snow White, your skin might turn darker if the product doesn't suit you. If your skin is sensitive, it can also cause over-whitening (it looks ugly on your face in comparison to the rest of your body), patchy skin and dryness.

ShampoosAnti-dandruff, medicated and antiseptic shampoos contain some ingredients that may irritate your scalp and eyes. Overuse of irritating shampoos (using these shampoos everyday) can produce counter-effect - flakiness and itching, and in extreme cases, severe hair fall.
    It is better to restrict their use as prescribed by your dermatologist or maximum thrice a week, depending on your resistance.

Hair dryers / hot rollers /straightening iron
    [​IMG]
    If used everyday or multiple times a day, they can make your hair rough and dry. They can also cause what experts call 'the weathering effect', wherein hair turns dull and may get a little lighter colored. In this condition, hair gets tangled easily becomes brittle and breaks easily.

Kohl
    If Kohl is of a reputed brand then there may not be a problem if you use kohl every single day. In case kohl contains lead which can cause trouble - it could cause a rash near the eye and the eye could get infected.
    It is better to use your beauty products in moderation or as advised by your dermatologist. Moreover, with cosmetics, stick to reputed brands and test every product on your skin type before usage.

7. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Re: over usage of beauty products!!!!!!!!!

o0o0o interesting...will keep these tips in mind =D

8. Haniz

Haniz New IL'ite

Have anyone ever use Nivea products

Hi everyone,

Well.......have anyone use Nivea products. Because I want to use nivea products but I'm afraid about some bad result like pimples or suddenly have a dry,oil skin......:hide:

9. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Re: Have anyone ever use Nivea products

hi dear,
    if there is a nivea outlet in a mall or a parolour they will have station where by they do a skin test on you with their machines and from the results they advice you what nivea products to use.
    or go your beautician and she will guide you since she would know your skin type.

good luck
    alpa:cheers

10. Haniz

Haniz New IL'ite

Re: Have anyone ever use Nivea products

Hai Alpa,

Oh my god....it was little scare because you are all ready suggest me about Nivea product. It's not like I don't believe you but just a bad curious so I'm sorry.....:bowdown...and I will try your idea.

Bye

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.