1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whispers Of Love

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

ok ..read the update twice - still could nt guess - is it mukund ? (but her mom told its not) ..Do we know this guy already from the story BB?
    haa but such a relief to read through the story that kauveri's settling down..

Adharv likes this.
  2. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

I have a guess. But let me wait for BB to open it

3. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

:facepalm::lol: Your guys are underestimating this little champ :p Soon he would take up jai's position :treadmill: As always loved the transparency btw the family members...cool and interesting update BB ma'am :clap2::clap2: No guesses curiosity build agite pogudhu :hello:
    Thank you and happy weekend.

4. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Yaroda pa settle aguranga? :confundio1: (with whom is she gonna settle down) ;)

5. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

As a Dad I always respect Jai .. he is solid so as Priya...How matured people can be in ones life...kudos to this family..

6. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

You havent revealed yet..but i guess its very familiar name and even srikanth would knew him

meepre likes this.
  7. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Chapter-51

Harini

‘How was your day?’ he asked as we reached the new home after dinner outside. It was a unplanned girl’s evening out with mum and Nandhini.

‘Great. We went for a movie and tried dinner at a new hotel..’mum said ‘When did you come back? Had dinner..’

‘Yes yes..I have to dial into a call now..Give me 30 mins..’ he said and went into his room.

We are now residing in his duplex house which I couldn’t still call home. I’m not still used to him as my mother’s husband let alone my step father. Nandhini has warmed up better to him.

‘Have you packed?’ mom asked.

‘Ma..please…don’t push for this..’ I pleaded. Mum was pushing us for family vacation wherein we were skeptical about it. I know Nandhini is just giving a weak resistance because of me.

‘I thought it would be a good opportunity for us to know each other better.’ He said standing behind me. ‘Sorry call got cancelled…don’t think it as our honeymoon .we are married for more than six months now..unfortunatley I didn’t have time to get to know you better before marriage and that’s what I want to do now. ‘ There was sincerity in his voice.

‘It’s getting late..Harini let’s go and pack..’Nandhini announced.

‘Good night’ I came to my room and sat on the bed, yes we have individual rooms now.

The day I came back from college, mom introduced her man and slowly reveled they were married for last six months. It seems mom met him while going for morning jogs and slowly started interacting with him. They soon found comfortable in each other’s presence and started going out. They were taking it slow for one year and my mother wanted to reveal it to us only when I and Nandhini finished our studies.

One week when Nandhini was out of city for training, my father started stalking mom and things got bitter. That night she stayed in her man’s house and my father who followed her made a scene there. My mom decided to get married immediately, she tied knots by that week and waited for opportune time to tell us. As I'm done with my PG and Nandhini is no where close to complete her engineering she revealed to us today.

‘How are you getting on?’ Nandhini came to my room. ‘Harini, honest I don’t find anything wrong with him . You seem to have a prejudiced opinion. Next think about mom,look how happy she is with him. You will have to start accepting him..’ she said.

‘I agree with you completely…but’

‘I understand you your point..’ Nandhini was saying when we heard a knock in the door.

‘Shall I come in?’ he asked.

‘Oh please..’I said making room for him in the chair.

‘By the way you left your mobile home,Srikanth called and out of curiosity I picked.’ He said handing over the same to me.

‘Oh..I haven’t told him..’

‘I didn’t tell him anything as well..’ he narrated how the call went. That again is a sore point. He seemed to know my equation with Srikanth better than mum.

‘Well I got it for you both..’ he handed a jewellery box to us each which had a platinum chain with diamond studded pendant.

‘Oh.. You shouldn’t have..’ I said hastily.

‘Why not? I’m having a family after long time..’ he said. He is a widower who lost his wife and kid in a road accident within few years of his marriage.

‘It’s really beautiful..thanks..’ I said wearing the chain. I saw Nandhini doing the same. He was making some efforts and I decided to do so.

‘Good we have to be in airport by 10am..so goto bed early..Good night’ he said leaving the room.

Next day we left for our vacation. This was first flight for mom and Nandhini. He made sure that we were really comfortable. Despite my bad opinion about him I found he has some admirable qualities.

On the final day of vacation he got a call and smiled at me.

‘I know that..Is it urgent enough to disturb my vacation…I see..I’m not available till this month end,hold on till then ’
    ‘That was Srikanth.’ He said looking at me.Mom and Nandhini were enjoying the beach waves. I forgot calling/texting Srikanth back.

‘Oh..Are you always like this in office?’ I asked him. There was a surprise in his face.’I mean..you seem to be nice as a person..but I have heard things about you..’

‘I know, I have told your mom right from the beginning that you will carry certain opinion about me. After all you are close to Srikanth and would believe what he tells you..’ he said sipping tender coconut.

‘I have seen you blasting Srikanth for a fault in report..And is it right that you slapped Sameer for marrying your niece?’

‘That report was faulty..yes I’m strict. Everyone has different working style and this is how I function..; he explained calmly.

‘You keep your team under control…’

‘I run the most profitable team for almost ten years in a row. Jai and previous chairman moved me across teams to see whether my magic works and yes it does..’ he said there was pride in his voice.

‘Come on, what’s the point of running a team if your employees are not happy..’ I don’t know why I was in argumentative mode but these are questions I wanted to ask since last fifteen days.

‘You were working in HR team right? It’s always my team who claims majority of Employee welfare fund.Any exigencies I make sure my staffs are not constrained for money. I make sure my staffs are recognized as well. Why do you think Sameer still sticks on to my team…?’ he asked.

‘To irritate you..that’s what Srikanth told me..’

‘That’s ********. Sameer is highly talented but believes he has world at his bay because of it. He didn’t even have enough guts to talk to me about Swathi, I thought he was getting back at me by moving together with her. Still I recommended him for annual award that year because I keep my personal feelings aside.’ He said.

I remained silent ‘Jai clearly instructed me to treat Srikanth in a normal way as I do.It was me who proposed the idea of moving him abroad, to keep him away from Dev’s memory and of course you.’ he said looking at me.

My mom who was happily getting drenched in waves asked him whether everything is fine.

‘Yes, some office talk’ he smiled at her.’Want to know anything more?’ he asked me.

‘Why is everyone against you in office then? Vidhyuth is an example..’

‘I and Vidhyuth work in conflicting teams. Only few know outside office hours we are thick friends..look at the messages we exchange on daily basis..’ he showed his personal messages. ‘Vidhyuth drops by my place often for drink and most of the management team do.’

‘I have an offer from Evolution..not sure whether I would be able to join now that…’

‘If you want to join what’s stopping you. Board requires me to declare that, let me handle that part. But where do you stand with Srikanth? Your mom thinks you have stopped talking with him..’ he asked.

‘I said so last year..I really believed that I can do so..’ I said looking into his eyes. He didn’t react.I badly wanted to change the topic.‘What is your full name? I mean ORK stands for?’

He snorted with laughter’ Ombilapadi ,a small village is my native, R stands for my father Renga and my name happens to be Krishna..’

8. blackbeauty84

Revealed in this chapter..yes very familiar name for Srika

9. blackbeauty84

:) Glad you like this family. Thanks Peddadas

10. blackbeauty84

:) check the episode