1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Important Is Socializing To You?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Oct 22, 2019.

1. SpringB

SpringB Platinum IL'ite

Anika, I was like you once upon a time but not anymore! I am extremely social though I take my time to warm up. I go with the flow these days Anika. How often do I socialize? sometimes too much. Being a part of a big community helps as there are some or other events going on and you get to meet people once in a while. I learnt very late relationship will not exist if flaws are scrutinized. Even at work I try to socialize a little cautiously though. I have Some well-wishers but I do not call them regularly or hang out with them frequently or depend on them. When I meet them just share something nice to keep the environment lively and that is all. Once a month I talk with few close friends. just catch up on recent happenings. these days I do not have the need/desire to really reconnect. I try to be there where my presence is appreciated (no matter how inconvenient it is for me) and move away from places where I don’t feel welcome. But one thing is I always keep the line of communication open and never end a relationship on a sad note hoping someday they would come back.

Recently I read this somewhere “You will be too much for some; too soft; too loud too this too that; but you will always be perfect for the people who need you!” Be there for who needs us and move away from people who don’t is what I am trying to practice. makes my life easier .

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    Mehana, anika987 and Angela123 like this.
  2. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

You will know them when you talk to them. Pay attention. It will show up some how. Also, when meeting new people have an open attitude. Do not expect anything there.

Exactly!

anika987 likes this.
  3. KayKuyil

KayKuyil Silver IL'ite

I like socializing but I am with the principle of ‘always maintain a respectable distance’. So I enjoy people’s company, I try to be a good and respectful company but at the same time I don’t get too attached enough to miss them later. My husband travels for work during weekdays, so when he is home, we both like to spend time only just us. Apart from work, I go to gym, sketch as a hobby, window shop, decorate/redecorate home etc. So haven’t felt the need to go out of the way and socialize.

Mehana likes this.