1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life Lessons From My Divorce...

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by Aarushi, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

Arushi beautiful pic. God bless you

Aarushi likes this.
  2. Ramyarc

Ramyarc Silver IL'ite

These are priceless words Aarushi! Resonates so much with me and I am sure with everyone else here. Expectations and perceived notions are such a huge obstacle. Every time I feel unhappy, its all about one or both these things. Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful wisdom!

Aarushi likes this.
  3. Sri010101

Sri010101 New IL'ite

Wish you have a speedy recovery.. You are an inspiring women... Good luck to you and your daughters.

Aarushi likes this.
  4. RekhaUK

RekhaUK Senior IL'ite

I learned that being alone trumps rather than being lonely with your spouse right there beside you every night.Bad relationships are like watching a bad movie -- they almost never get better. I wasted years thinking it would get better and it never did in spite of my best efforts. But sometimes, the hardest thing you'll ever do -- ending the marriage -- will end up being the best thing you've ever done for yourself.It's OK if you're imperfect. The people in your life who really care about you will still care about you, even if you stumble.I learnt that I can live without my ex. It took me five years to realize that.I truly did deserve better and never should have settled for less than what I needed. Once the process was over, I learned that I needed to love myself first before committing to someone else. It's been an amazing and emotional journey learning to love myself again -- a journey I'm proud to say I've embarked on alone. I learned that I'm a hell of a lot stronger than I thought I was and because of that, I'll stand my ground in my next relationship. I'll never be treated like I was with my ex. I refuse to put up with that. I realized I don't need anyone to complete me and that it's wrong to give anyone that power over me. I'm good enough. I don't need another person or relationship to validate that. I discovered that life isn't about finding yourself, life is about creating yourself. That's what divorce taught me and now it's something I have tattooed on me! I learned that I have a voice. I now refuse to be silenced or made to feel like I'm nothing or a nobody.

5. Lhav1993

Lhav1993 New IL'ite

Your post rings with truth. I'll definitely be revisiting this to remind myself of these words of wisdom. We women are so wired to live in shackles that we don't know what it means to be liberated. I'm in my journey of unshackling myself and living without fear. This was such an inspiring post :)