1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

For Those Who Wonder...the Good Things About Being Single Again

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by BhumiBabe, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

Its been bliss reinvented

I feel almost half my age , less stress, cook at my pace, Eat the right food, enjoy the best of my time with 'me' as my better half, take myself on a date, enjoy solo trips, watch movies, watch my favorite shows, spend real quality time with my kiddo. I also take additional good care of my diet n health. The list gals is endless ! N I do think I would ever want to trade this new found 'freedom' for 'marriage' ever again.

2. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

I understand the sentiment. I am definitely not in any hurry to marry again. I don’t even mind the slowness of this divorce (if it wasn’t so expensive).

3. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

Yeah it was a long wait and expensive one too. But you will recover the loses within time more actively and with renewed energy. Its like getting your 'mojo' back. So hang on tight. It may seem dark, scary n neverending but keep moving on. This journey towards that path will teach u valuable lessons and enlighten you. When you finally get there you will have more clarity and view life from a different perspective.

4. PurpleRoses

PurpleRoses Finest Post Winner

Dear @BhumiBabe you are strong woman. Celebrate yourself. Be what you want to be.
    Society will always be there to mock at others misery.

Many years ago i read this quote somewhere in a daily newspaper n that changed my perception of society.
    Before that I used to bother about how I look or dress and what people think of it or what others think of me and my decisions of "my life"...etc.

But now I dont care of anyone. They wont come and share my pain or live with me.or help me in anyway...then why should we bother of them?

The quote was something on the lines of these -
    " You can dial anyone's phone number but when you try to dial your own number, it will always come busy"

Interpretation - people are always free to gossip about others or interfere in others lives but they are too busy (ignorant) to look into their own lives and faults.

So do what benefits your life and gives you peace. To hell with the society :)

P.S. off topic but I don't know how to add smileys or emojis in replies...any help?

5. CuteCancer

CuteCancer Silver IL'ite

" You can dial anyone's phone number but when you try to dial your own number, it will always come busy":clapclap:
    upload_2019-10-8_14-13-21.png

PurpleRoses and Lalithambigai like this.
  6. PurpleRoses

PurpleRoses Finest Post Winner

Tha
    Thank you but I dont get any options to add anything. Something wrong :(

Sandyr46 likes this.
  7. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

I felt absolutely wonderful after my divorce. No verbal lashing, no temper tantrums, no yelling and screaming at me- the tension just melted away. I reached out and connected with lots of single people through meetup groups, made lots of great girlfriends and had a blast with them. Started dating and enjoyed it immensely. Kids were happier coming home to a peaceful home. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know myself when I became single. It was like coming home to myself.

Star25, Amulet and BhumiBabe like this.
  8. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

Exactly! A big burden was released and it felt like I could finally connect with my real self.
    That “coming home to myself” is the most accurate statement ever.

Aarushi and Star25 like this.
  9. Star25

Star25 Gold IL'ite

Thabks for bringing this topic... It's a great confidence booster... There are a lot of good things of being sepatated or divorced if u want to see positivitely ...the first one being waking up whebever u want dont have to wake up to cook ...free to go wherever we want and to do what we like.. And most importantly gives inner peace bcoz of no fights and no mental stress which is the biggest relief ...

BhumiBabe and Aarushi like this.
  10. Chubz

Chubz New IL'ite

Can take care and indulge more when you're alone :)