1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

André Rieu The Celebrated Musical Wizard

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by Cheeniya, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

André Rieu is a celebrated Dutch violinist and conductor who has been ruling the world of music for over 40 years. His total gross from all shows reported to Billboard Boxscore now stands at $550.1 million. Further, he continues to be the classical act with the highest attendance, with 5.97 million. I love listening to his concerts for the sheer variety and jollity. Even at 70, he is one of the highest paid performers. Without further ado, I present some of his classics which I am never tired of listening.

This is one of my top favourites and a moving piece by Gheorghe Zamfir is a 78 year old celebrity. Zamfir, a Romanian, is known for playing an expanded version of normally 20-pipe nai, with 22, 25, 28 or even 30 pipes, to increase its range, and obtaining as many as eight overtones (additional to the fundamental tone) from each pipe by changing his embouchure. He is known as "The Master of the Pan Flute"

My second top favorite. The performer Suzan Erens is a Dutch concert singer. Classically trained, her concert repertoire includes arias from opera and operetta as well as musical theater and pop songs. She has toured worldwide and recorded as a soloist with André Rieu's Johann Strauss Orchestra.

Sung by Jermaine Jackson, brother of Michael Jackson. Jermaine La Jaune Jackson is an American singer, songwriter, bass guitarist, and member of the Jackson family. He was a member of The Jackson Five, a singing group consisting of him and four of his brothers from 1964 to 1975, where he was the second lead vocalist after his brother Michael and played bass guitar.

Sung by Mirusia. Mirusia Louwerse is an Australian soprano. She performs as Mirusia and is seen as "The Unconventional Pop Star" and "The Angel of Australia"

Played by Melisdsa Venerma. She was just 13 when she played this. Now a 24 year old celebrity. Melissa plays on a total of five different trumpets. Since 2007, these have included a custom-made Yamaha trumpet. The hand-crafted instrument impresses with its very full and warm sound, and fits Melissa's virtuoso playing style perfectly. Her beautiful playing and excellent technique are further augmented by her pretty and endearing appearance

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Beautiful medley of vocal and instrumental music, CS. Enjoyed listening to all of them, though personally I am more partial to instrumental music. Really transports one to another dimension. Thanks for sharing these wonderful pieces.

Cheeniya likes this.
  3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Thank you, uncle for sharing such a mind blowing music videos. Heard all of them for first time and enjoyed them thoroughly.:)

4. Cheeniya

@satchitananda
    Thank you for stepping in to share your views, Satchi. I understand that instrumental music has greater effect on us than vocal particularly if it is not music of Indian origin. I'll share a few of Andre's instrumental music.

satchitananda likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

@Mistt
    Mind blowing is right. I consider all his music as mind-blowing. I'll come up more such music which you may not have heard before. Thank you

Mistt likes this.
  6. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,
    Really mind blowing as Mistt said..
    Especially the first and last one.
    Thank you sir.
    Syamala

Cheeniya and Mistt like this.