1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Weird Feeling....

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by saibulbul, Oct 18, 2019.

1. saibulbul

saibulbul Bronze IL'ite

Have you ever felt that you and your child are outsiders for inlaws/ uninvited guests.....

2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Many times.
    Does it matter??

SinghManisha and KashmirFlower like this.
  3. saibulbul

saibulbul Bronze IL'ite

Sometimes it matters when I see child being neglected forget about me. I am always an outsider but child is their own blood and main thing which hurts is the partiality and a never understanding DH.

4. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Most in-laws do it. They ignore the child, sometimes prefer the daughter's child more and show more affection to other grandchild in front of the my child.
    This made my child feel and more attached to me.
    All is for good. Make your child bond with you. It matters most

Giri12 likes this.
  5. RiaME

RiaME Senior IL'ite

It's even more if they have an only SON like my case. They do everything for son and grandkids.
    Like yesterday, my neighbours kids came to our house and gave prasad of some temple. My fil gave everyone except me while I was sitting right in front of them and removing all the old letters. Later on I told my 8 year old daughter that I felt bad that their grandfather did like that even after doing so much for their house. She went to her GF and told him that " HE had forgotten to give prasad to someone" He felt bad cause he had to hear this from his favourite granddaughter. He realised his mistake so he didnt comeout of his bedroom for an hour. My daughter went to the pooja room and gave me the prasad.

I have realised inlaws wont change. I decided that I wont tell these things to my kids anymore till they are old enough.

On a positive note, My husband and kids do so much for me, specially whenever I am not well. I was overwhelmed when my kids did so much for me( when I was ill) at such a young age ( my DS is 12 and DD is 8)

Angela123 likes this.
  6. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Why include a 8 year old in the in-laws drama ?

Roar, suasin and Sunshine04 like this.
  7. RiaME

RiaME Senior IL'ite

Was never intentional..blurted it out cause I felt bad. This was the first time actually.
    I have also written "I decided that I wont tell these things to my kids anymore" in the same post

Roar and KashmirFlower like this.
  8. Patientone

Patientone Silver IL'ite

I got treated like an outsider in front of guests. This time when I took my daughter, they behaved like she was a monkey, like if she did anything they’d clap their hands, laugh and encourage more bad behaviour. Obviously, they had to stick their mobile phones in her face to record her behaviour. Not just once but all the time. Soo frustrating but couldn’t do anything. I know they’d treat her like an outsider or more of a monkey if my brother in laws kids came. They love any sort of drama.

At least you had the sense to tell your daughter and she made him aware of that. I would have sat there and let it bother me haha.

9. saibulbul

saibulbul Bronze IL'ite

Mother child bin
    They have problem with bonding also like why child is attached to you...

10. saibulbul

saibulbul Bronze IL'ite

The partiality between kids is very disgusting. Just low thinking people