1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Blouse Stitching

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by anivijay, Oct 18, 2019.

1. anivijay

anivijay Gold IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    Planning to buy 2 silk sarees from PSR kovai. Don't have anyone to help with blouse stitching in India. Anybody else with similar situation? How you are managing?

TIA

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

DIY
    There are plenty of youtube videos. It is plenty easy if you are using a nice fitting one of your own, and create a pattern from it for cutting fabric. Go on, get a cheap fabric, and practice....before committing yourself to cut the actual blouse piece.

preethadg likes this.
  3. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

@anivijay
    Readymade blouses from Etsy and Ebay. I prefer contrast blouses so have a collection of those because you can't get exact matches online. Most people think Ebay only sells used stuff, they also sell lots of new stuff at reasonable prices (even if you include shipping from India).
    Online sellers: QueenOfHearts: very pricey but I wait for their big sales and the fit is amazing. My friends gets most from HouseOfBlouse - also pricey.

Most affordable though are your local Indian events (if these happen at your city) - Navarathri, Diwali, Durga puja, most of these events have small shops setup by Indian women who are resellers. They import both high quality/expensive and cheap/not so great quality blouses (but sufficient for an occasional party). Also on the last date of the event - they are willing to sell at prices that are much closer to their actual Indian prices.

Amulet likes this.
  4. anivijay

anivijay Gold IL'ite

thanks Amulet. Though I have a second hand sewing machine, never stitched anything. just learning. Dont know when I will get courage to cut silk fabric. Think it would take ages. But I'll definitely give a try.

5. anivijay

anivijay Gold IL'ite

@startinganew, thanks for the time and information. Gone through Queen of Hearts and Houseofblouse. Wonderful collection. Any idea about time of sales in these 2 web sites? Even I would like to wait. Going to Diwali function this week at my son's school. Hope I would find some stalls there. Thanks a lot.