1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Miscellaneous Media News Or Discussions

Discussion in 'TV' started by Dhamini, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Dhamini

Dhamini Platinum IL'ite

Murano likes this.
  2. Murano

Murano Guest

if i am right it was in mgr's ruling. all over TN the tigers conducted exhibitions to educate TN tamils and school students about the tamils issues in SL.

all schools and colleges were instructed by TN govt to take students to those exhibitions.

Dhamini likes this.
  3. Dhamini

Dhamini Platinum IL'ite

A comparison which tells why it’s so difficult for the rest of the world.

SinghManisha and Murano like this.
  4. Dhamini

Dhamini Platinum IL'ite

Liked all these videos; actually loved it all.

Murano likes this.
  5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

India invited all Tamil Eezham leaders and had a discussion with them.Mission failed and Rajeev Gandhi was assassinated and the scenario changed.i shared here what I know .

Dhamini and Murano like this.
  6. SpringB

SpringB Platinum IL'ite

There was a news article on how much indian railways spend on tackling rat menace. If a country is spending 22k on a rodent where will they build bullet trains

7. Murano

Murano Guest

we are capable and infact under the make in india initiative, Train 18 was designed and built completely by ICF, Chennai in record 18 months. it was launched in feb 2019. engine less top speed 160 kmph with many features. check youtube.

as it was made in 18 months, named as train 18. normally in india it takes 4 years to design and build a train. so many approval hierarchies were bypassed. after the first launch no orders were released for more, the reason beurocracy, as initially approvals were bypassed. this is india.

another thing, we can make good ones, but we won't maintain it.

Dhamini, periamma and SpringB like this.
  8. SpringB

SpringB Platinum IL'ite

That’s true and cost of maintenance just handling rats surprises me. If Railways has to spend so much on maintenance how can they concentrate on production.

coming to Train 18 yes remember that one. Runs from Delhi to Varnasi at 130 kmph. I am sure ICF is very well capable of producing such trains. ICF themselves say only 0.3 % of our tracks can support high speed trains.

9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The rich, the famous and the royalty spoil one more precious memory for me. Couldn't the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive by any other mode of conveyance but the autorickshaw? A magic carpet? Solar powered buggy? Anything... Leave some things for the commoners to cherish!

Coming to the video itself, a few things cracked me up. The driver is wearing a suit. : ) I know it is Pakistan, not India, but a suit really? I remember autorickshaw drivers wearing a city-ordained uniform shirt reluctantly, the buttons undone and one sleeve hanging limp, and often hastily pulling it on over a regular shirt when they saw police nearby. Next, is the man waiting to salute them (the security guard type guy on the left in the video.) He starts to prepare for the salute well before the autorickshaw halts. : )

And the best part was the tall prince uncoiling himself from the confines of the autorickshaw and its "purdah". When he stepped out, I felt like adding a caption, "It's a prince" : ) And the poor Duchess... alights all by herself from the other side, no one to hold the purdah or anything, and herself walks over to the Duke's side. : ) I am all for royalty doing things for themselves, but, when a Duchess exits an automobile, please someone be there to open/close the door/screen. : ) If not, it is like a bride walking to the mandap all by herself.

P.S. The Duke looking very dapper in a sherwani.

Dhamini, SpringB and shravs3 like this.
  10. SpringB

SpringB Platinum IL'ite

Anyone watched Game over ? Tapsee has done a phenomenal job. It’s a Psychological paranormal Thriller still have so many unanswered questions in the end. Good one