1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love You Ma...

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Oct 17, 2019.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Rahul was irked by the continuous rain.Meterological department has advised heavy to very heavy rains next three days and it was becoming inconvenient in every possible way. He thought of calling sick when his manager called him.

‘Can you come to bank 30 minutes earlier? Three leaves already and with the weather prediction I’m expecting a huge crowd.’ His manager said.

‘No I can’t come. My mother is not well.’ Rahul blurted. There was silence at other end.

‘Rahul, this is the fifth leave this month and you have maxed out on leaves. Don’t bring in your personal problems to work. If there is no one else to take care of mother, appoint a caretaker. See you in office in an hour.’ He disconnected the call abruptly.

He has no choice but to go to office. Despite everything you need money to survive: something his mother has repeatedly told him since childhood. Widowed at young age, she struggled to make ends meet with absolutely no one to support. Apart from the tiny box of apartment which his father possessed at the time of his death along with the huge loans for it, they had nothing else of their own.

He noticed another spot in kitchen leaked. Well this apartment is now 30 years old well beyond the lifespan.Almost every other owneri s ready to sell the house to a real estate agent who is insistent on buying only if all apartments are sold to him. Real estate agent even doubled the asking price but Rahul didn’t agree. His mother so loved the house , she used to say when she was able to talk. Now that she cannot talk Rahul understood her. He also knows how house change would be painful for her. Other owners stopped talking to him but that didn’t make Rahul change his mind and it’s not as if they were really close earlier.

He made hot breakfast for both of them and went to her room for breakfast. He kept things necessary for her in table next to her.

‘I might be very late …’ he said to his mother who smiled warmly at him as usual.

Rain and the traffic delayed his arrival to bank. His manager was very much annoyed. Rain gods were merciless and he heard the news that area near his house is flooded. His manager was not allowing him to go early citing low man power that day and he was worried about his mother. Things turned worst, there was a power cut and roads surrounding the banks started flooding too.

When things were going beyond control, he walked out off the bank and it was complete mayhem. Police officers blocked the way to his area saying water level is exceptionally high and several electric poles have fallen down. Rahul’s explanation about the lone mother was shot back with a reply, residents were safely evacuated.

Rahul tried taking an alternative route. He could see many vehicles got struck in rain and there was water until the level of his hip. Some people who were trying to pull out a two wheeler from the side lane , asked his help he refused citing he was in a hurry.

‘Weirdo..’ they said and it him hard. Right from the childhood he was greeted as weirdo..might be because he doesn’t know to move with others..he never had any friends..might be because he never smiles

Rahul didn’t know what was he hit with..he felt something funny in his legs and minutes became unconscious. He held a pillar in road side shop to support himself and heard someone shouting ‘Careful..Careful’

Next Rahul woke up in a crowded hospital with an irritable looking nurse giving him some injection.

‘Where I’m ‘ he asked. Then it struck him like a lightening mother..what is she doing without him.

‘Mother..’ he tried getting up from bed but fell down as he didn’t have the energy.

‘As if we don’t have enough work…don’t get up..you are not upto it..’ the nurse shouted.

‘What day it is? How is my mother?’ Rahul was heard shouting and then lost consciousness.

He woke up weakly two days later when the doctor was examining him.

‘We can discharge him in next two days. His condition is getting stable.’ Rahul heard the doctor saying.

He got up from the bed and nurse, hospital staff didn’t notice owing to the huge crowd. Slowly Rahul got out of hospital.

Rain must have wrecked the city because everywhere there was pool of water, roads getting repaired.When he reached his apartment after a long visit from hospital, he could see many police officers standing outside the apartment.

Something must have gone wrong..wonder how my mother is..Rahul mumbled as he entered the apartment.Police restrained him and he escaped from their clutches and ran like a mad man. He went inside to his mother’s room where he couldn’t find her.

‘Where’s my mother?’ he grabbed the police officer’s shirt color who hit him violently.Rahul was thrown into the corner.

‘If not for the four day power cut..neighbours wouldn’t have got to know what’s happening.’ A poloce officer was explaining to someone senior. ‘Looks like she’s dead for more than three years and he has refrigerated the corpse. He talks as though she is alive’

Adharv, muggs, Tamrakshar and 8 others like this.

2. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

OMG....Didnt expect that coming

3. SpringB

SpringB Platinum IL'ite

4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Wow!!
    You write well girl .

5. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

6. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

Oh god..unexpected end

7. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@blackbeauty84
    I have been reading your stories from long time so I expected twist at the end of the story and heard about this kind of unbelievable incidents in real life.

lakshya2018 likes this.
  8. lakshya2018

lakshya2018 Bronze IL'ite

as @Mistt said me too reading all ur stories... so I expected this. thought he s talking to his mother's photo

Mistt likes this.
  9. blackbeauty84

:)

10. blackbeauty84

:)