1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Everyday Routine...

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by anika987, Oct 16, 2019.

1. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

It is also based on personality for some like me and husband who take the work little too seriously and take a lot responsibility . While we get recognition for all the hard work but as a result more critical work gets assigned to us which again takes more time .It is very difficult to switch off work . I get totally consumed when we have an issue at work to resolve and don’t care how many hours go through sometime without food and sleep . In those times my husband takes over house work. Same is the case with my husband.

This is not a good practice and we try very hard to break this and delegate more but it is constant struggle to not just slip into this pattern again and again. but we cannot help as it is our personality and we cannot take work easy. I have a note to remind me every day that I need to delegate more and consciously let things slide. it is so easy to just do it myself instead of delegating.

this also makes us exhausted and we just crave a simple no stress evening ... some times I just don’t want anyone to talk to me.

Just probe your husband why is that he is doing long hours and is there any way he can cut or delegate to others.

start by asking him to come home by 7 and do the rest of his work from home.

Transfer some outside work to him like groceries etc

find his favorite topics and talk to him on those. For me even though I don’t like anyone to talk to me after a hectic day if work , I am always ready to discuss politics ... so find what is that topic / activity for your husband which will make it engaging for him stay home instead of spending time with friends.

By looking at your schedule I don’t think you need to change much but you can cut down on trips to stores and get your vitamin levels checked.

what you are craving is some adult talking I believe and some meaningful hobby.

anika987 likes this.
  2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Which country works the longest hours?

In America, there are state to state variations, and specific rules about weekly hours for Managerial and non-Managerial jobs. These jobs are often referred to as "exempt" and "non-exempt" jobs. The exemption refers to an exemption from the state's labor regulations for managerial (aka decision making) functions. Those in the exempt job category are at work (on the job... as it were) beyond the total working hours stipulated by the labor rules.

Beyond the labor laws/statutes, the reasons as to why some (have to) stay at work for long hours may vary depending on the person, the place of employment, and the country's culture.

4. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Have you left your child with your husband for a day or more ?

Working hard is very common in IT field . Everyone takes their work seriously. It is very common to work on P1 bugs till you find solution . But if your partner is getting depressed by your extended work hours you cannot compensate that with money . Resentment cannot be punishment for financial independence

anika987 likes this.
  5. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Don't you need different email addresses to create multiple id's..

6. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

I don’t know as I haven’t done. Instead of my idiotic answer, seek answer from experts :)

7. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I have relatives living in US who stay at home moms like you..
    They don’t burden themselves by cooking everyday..they cook once in two or three days and freeze...they do prep work like cutting veggies and storing in air tight containers or zip loc cover so they can use later..ginger garlic paste, tomato onion paste , tamarind paste etc prepared and frozen in advance to make cooking easier..not all make Indian type breakfasts everyday, many days they take it easy and have corn flakes , instant cereals, oat meals porridge , bread toast etc..
    Simple cooking on weekdays and special dishes only on weekends and holidays...
    Many cook dinner and freeze and pack left overs for next day’s lunch..
    Laundry and folding and home cleaning etc too not everyday..
    Part time cleaners once a month for deep cleaning...
    Take outs from restaurants or from stores or ladies who make n sell chapattis , when ever needed...lot of ladies buy rotis and parathas as freeze n store...
    I mean home makers too...
    If you take it easy you will feel a lot less tired...maybe it’s mental tiredness...
    SInce your husband is away most of the time and your kid is not that small, house will be comparatively need and Just maintenance is needed..
    I this makes you feel drained out, imagine those of us who have to live with in laws! No freedom to cook what we like, need to make three fresh meals a day, no storing or freezing for next day, cooking for guests, etc...double and triple the amount of laundry and cleaning work to be done...no freedom to take rest when unwell...
    You will feel a lot better if you compare yourselves with those living in India with in laws even if domestic help is there..
    I’m not sidelining the real issue..
    Just that you cannot do it all without feeling mentally exhausted ...
    You have ample freedom ...if you take it easy you can actually enjoy life...
    Few ladies I know actually have the opposite issue..,their husbands come back home by 5 or 6 am and just sit in front of TV with packet of chips watching TV, Netflix, etc..and demand such and such food item to be cooked for dinner....commenting that house isn’t not kept neatly etc,..when men have too much free time also they start Poking into households matters...the mess becomes double as the wife has to look after two kids, I.e the actual kid and the husband! Hehe..
    If your husband is too buys and give some you financial and domestic freedom consider yourself lucky!:)

Mehana, anika987 and Amulet like this.
  8. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

9. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

I used to dodo fu time... Few years ago I quit my job as I had 2 kids and can't manage everything. My husband busy with his project recently and long commute distance.

1. I cook 2-3 days once.
    2. Freeze some items like sausage, chicken breast the frozen pack from Costco (freezer section they have uncooked breast cut in small slices) since my elder eats only meat in the school I dump some meat with our chilly powder and other ginger garlic in slow cooker overnight and will be ready next morning. It' easy I cook in large in my free time and freeze it.
    3. Usually I cook 2 gravies in large when I cook 2-3 days once
    4. Breakfast: oats, bread sandwich with egg/jam/gravies I cook, upma, chapati (Costco tortilla) vegetables/gravies(I cook) wrap.i use that gravies for my breakfast as well.
    5. Maintenance: my husband helps me in cleaning. I clean the living room and kitchen often ...he does deep cleaning all the rooms and bathrooms...that's a big help
    6. Laundry: kids clothes weekly once. I don't do often for adults clothes

My elder one is special need so I am busy with his therapies after he come back from school. Overall my day is fully occupied..I plan and freeze some food so that I can have some time with kids and some rest for me as well.