1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Left Flabbergasted....

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by shama146, Sep 21, 2019.

1. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Here is the video from the victim on various reasons

Sunshine04, shama146 and Rihana like this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Watch the video closely at 3:02 for three seconds. After she says Thank You, she is prompted/reminded by a male voice to say something about "punishment" and responds back sotto voce in Telugu with a "Told it na.." Better editing would be better... Wishing her good luck as she seeks whatever justice she wants for herself and the children. All is fair.

This is a link that will start at 3:02: link.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  3. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

But she still wants to be with her husband.... According to her the kids will get a normal childhood, but I highly doubt her thinking.

When husband and wife relation is so bad, how will it help the kids????

4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Many Indian men when removed from the influence of their parents are OK to keep. What she is trying to do reminds me of how I sort rotting french beans or bhindi. I lay them all out, take out the most rotten ones, set aside the still good or edible ones. The curry from the "not fresh but still good" beans is edible and one cannot tell the difference... the curry tastes the same as if made with beans freshly harvested from the garden.

Not making fun of the woman or her strategy with the beans/bhindi analogy. She got dealt a bad set of cards, and is handling her life as she thinks best. Maybe she hopes that the public pressure will make the husband leave his parents, issue some explanation the public can digest, and they start to live together and slowly work on salvaging the marriage. Blaming troubles on outsiders can provide a reasonably strong patch to heal or mitigate marital woes. Note how she did not mention husband's name in the video. : ) And mentioned the full name of her FIL, including that he is a retired judge, and appended the requisite respectful 'garu' at the end. : )

It is easy to say the woman has a degree, can get a job, be a role model to her children... Reality of such life is difficult. To live a reasonably comfortable life in India, it needs a lot of money. To watch one's children have to do without necessities or luxuries is not easy. The strength that comes from "I stood up for what is right, I did not tolerate ..." gets decimated pretty fast when the initial supporters stop showing up as frequently.

yesican, confused4sure and Vaikuntha like this.
  5. abez

abez New IL'ite

Sometimes, its difficult to understand what a person is going through.
    They want to hold on to a knife that is cutting them , maybe its the fear or uncertainty of what lies ahead.
    No matter if you are a BTech or MBA or a doctor in the end we are all little girls at heart hoping against hope!

Meghaa likes this.
  6. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

In her new interview she also alleged her husband of having extra marital affair and that other girl was blackmailing.

great to hang on to a cheating and beating with chappal husband. I am sure she is setting a great example for her daughters.

I guess from her side she does not have confidence to venture out in working world to take care of herself.

Meghaa, shama146 and Sunshine04 like this.
  7. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

I second armummy.

She really lacks confidence. She is setting a very bad example for her daughters. I still believe her life will be much better without her husband. Simply blaming in laws is not correct. Her hubby is not a child.

Physical abuse, EMA... still wanting to be with him. Have some self respect....

Meghaa likes this.
  8. WannabValerie

WannabValerie Silver IL'ite

I was about to post on a telugu husbands...and this thread :shakehead: