Youtube Videos Without Showing Face?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by IL86, Oct 15, 2019.

1. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Best of luck !

IL86 likes this.
  2. IL86

IL86 Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I did create YouTube channel eventually in Kannada but I have no equipments other than phone and also finding it difficult to edit to add background music at particular intervals. So 2 vlogs one introduction and another home tour looks pretty dull with no background music not sure if I will get any viewer interest.
    Please let me know any good video editor I mean only free version, I will not buy anything now, if I am sure of channel taking off I will buy in future or else I will just close the channel.

If anyone interested you can view(It's in Kannada but home tour needs no language I suppose) .
    Channel Name: Kannada NRI Vlogs

Although I doubt it will appear in search window because I can't find it myself while searching from another account.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    Anusha2917 and SinghManisha like this.
  3. SinghManisha

Is this your channel ?

try pocket video for editing . I have not tried it and don’t know how good it is.
    Happy Vlogging !

Anusha2917 and IL86 like this.
  4. IL86

IL86 Silver IL'ite

Yes it is my channel.
    Thank you,will try that :) .

Anusha2917 and SinghManisha like this.
  5. SinghManisha

You have a nice home !

couple of suggestions : people don’t have the patience to watch long YouTube videos anymore. So the content needs to be crisp, well edited , to the point , yet interesting. I would also recommend using captions in English , if you still plan to make videos in Kannada.
    Better still, why not do Instagram? I switched to Instagram for recipes, I don’t have the time or patience to watch long cooking videos.

Anusha2917, shravs3 and IL86 like this.
  6. IL86

IL86 Silver IL'ite

Thank you, yes I did realise video was too long but by then I had tried doing home tour several times so I just thought let's put it as it is, the main issue is I really don't have any idea of editing like removing bits from video which caused that issue.
    And yes I did think like having both Kannada and English versions as two videos for each content in same channel. Initially I had thought of creating channel in English itself but then I realised there are too many vlogs in that space doing videos from outside India , so had doubts. I am still very confused as what I want to do,like beginners struggle I am still not sure of how to go ahead I mean I know I want to show daily vlogs and my life in the country I live, but whether to show in English or Kannada or how to edit everything is causing confusion.
    Since I am not really thinking of showing complete cooking content I am not sure daily vlogs stuff can be shown in Instagram. But again I am completely clueless :p .

Anyways thanks for the encouragement :), I still have a long way to go I will keep all your suggestions in mind for next video :)

7. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Check the rules related two same videos with different language ... I saw few who do two languages but the videos seem very different , so not sure about rules .

good start

IL86 likes this.
  8. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Wow.. You managed to find the chanbel already. !?
    I'll have a look at the video soon .:)

SinghManisha and IL86 like this.
  9. IL86

IL86 Silver IL'ite

Hello all,
    After some research and struggle I finally learnt some editing and used free version of Kinemaster, though free version has watermark on video edited. Editing makes a huge difference on video content,my 22 minute home tour video I edited to make it just around 7 minutes without removing any bit.

Also changed channel name to 'Indian in UK Vlogs' as I have started uploading both English and Kannada videos,I append English in brackets for English vlogs and as someone mentioned same video content in different languages don't get uploaded, so I had to edit a bit to make it different for both languages. Below is my first English vlog of home tour. If anyone is interested please view and do let me know your suggestions:

Rihana likes this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

IL86, I have made some videos long ago and edited them using a free version of Filmora. It is a lot of hard work. Even though mine were simple videos. Good to see you pursuing your hobby, you have already created a YouTube channel, and your first few videos and also editing them. Learning by doing is better than getting stuck in too much research. Excellent start.

I don't mean to discourage you but I cannot remain without saying this - the house tour video gives too much information about the doors, types of lock on the inside of the door, windows, what is stored in each closet, what is in the storage room across the yard. Putting this information out for any strangers to view is a huge risk. And showing your daughter asleep in her bed - big no. Even a half second coverage from afar. That is accompanied by something like, "my daughter is sleeping.. you can see window." I don't want to alarm you but I froze after hearing that. The bedroom seems to be on the second floor, not very difficult to scale the wall to the window. Including details like what she likes to play with or has started to tear, showing the room's layout, and pardon me for including this - showing the inside of the closet where her clothes are stored is not a good idea. The world, more so the online world, is filled with crazy and horrible people too who have access to advanced video editing software they use to create harmful videos by collating random video clips or images. Please think about editing the house tour video or better yet take it down.

The weekend routine video look nice. The camera is more stable. In such videos you could consider editing out the receipt, and try not to give information too much details about your routine. As the number of videos increase, it becomes easy to connect the dots and know when no one is home. Also, what you paid for the house might be public information that can be googled, but not a good idea to include that in a video.

I know firsthand the amount of work involved to think of suitable topics, record videos, edit and upload to YouTube, and you are doing it when your child is so young - commendable. But please be careful with what all information you end up sharing through the videos.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019