1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Everyday Routine...

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by anika987, Oct 16, 2019.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

5.30 am - I get up.Brush,get down,coffee
    5.45 to 6.30 - cook lunch for kids and husband and also fix breakfast
    6.30 to 8.00 - wake up kids,their getting ready,milk and then breakfast

By 8.30 -bus stop wait
    8.45 - bus comes
    9.30 - 10.30 - gym
    11.00 - come home(gym is 15 minutes distance and there is truck traffic)
    11.00 to 12.00 - shower,pray god,lunch
    12.00 to 12.30- India phone call
    12.30 to 2.00- Dishes,unloading dishwasher,laundary,folding clothes,vacuum,clean up,misc activities likes weekly grocery ,cvs,American store and sometimes other stuff)

2.00to 2.30-half hour rest
    2.30 to 3.15 or maybe more cutting veggies,cooking dinner and snacks.I make full fledged dinner and two times a week Tiffin items
    3.45- kiddo comes home
    After that kiddo classes,homework,playtime with her etc and again clean up a bit and go to bed.After that my iPhone time

This is my routine.
    Honestly,being a homemaker and with that routine itself, I feel busy many times.Sometimes after the work,I do get tired.Maybe aging:)

how do working women manage?
    I like some tips.Am I doing anything
    Wrong with the above routine?

When I go to others homes,they are perfect and many seem to
    Do it all!!!My cousin does weekend parties also despite having two kids and working.How do people do it without getting tired?
    how do people look relaxed?

Mehana, Happygirl6, Vaikuntha and 8 others like this.

2. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

I work and if you come to my house, it looks neat as well, as long as you give me sufficient notice before you come. Just do not open the closets/drawers.

sum14, Greenbay, Viswamitra and 12 others like this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

For a more accurate analysis, please to include time(s) spent on IL. :tongueclosed::tongueout::tonguewink::sunglasses::wink::smiley:

j/k...

4. rgz

rgz Gold IL'ite

Same pinch. Was looking at the list, and wondering where are the hours spent on tracking BB contestants, and threads :tongueclosed:

5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

A full-fledged dinner in 45 minutes? What do you cook/serve ?
    What are the tiffin items you make two times a week ?

Most working women cook during weekends. Have their husbands take the children away somewhere and occupy them for several hours, or if the kids are small they will be put to sleep (with baby minder) and both will work in the kitchen. If old, the babies will mind themselves, and both will cook. All things will be arranged in tupperware and labelled for each workday -- and consumed during the week that comes up. Often there could be outsource subji items brought home from restaurants.

You may have heard of this:
    "Work expands to fill the time available for its completion. A proverb coined by C. Northcote Parkinson, known as Parkinson's Law."
    When working women quit working, they find that Parkinson's law would apply to their daily routine as well. When Stay-home persons go back to work, the adjustment period could be hell, but then things will fall back into place -- with the unnecessaries eliminating themselves off the routine.
    Just like stuffing and hiding away the mess into closets, big plastic bins (under the bed is one of my favorite spots) and in laundry chutes that make them disappear into the basement or lower level laundry room, etc. , before visitors come to the house, the inmates also "put on a happy face", and relax. After you leave, things would go back to normal.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    yesican, sum14, Mehana and 4 others like this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

IL time will be after 9.30 pm or
    Whenever am In the restroom:)
    When am cooking(while things are getting satuteed),during my rest time,waiting in the outside room in the evening during my kids activities,when my husband in driving and am in the next seat,sometimes even first thing in the morning after 5.30 am

Even some IL working women are in threads a lot..please don’t mistake but my observation also.

IL is a Part of my everyday activity and I need it to blog down my thoughts.

so,coming back to the topic how much does one cook a week? or how do You prep and make time and do it all

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  7. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

I cook during the weekend - dinners and make ahead breakfasts, prep non make ahead breakfast day before. All the mela are planned and I grocery shop only on one day. I will have food for Monday-Thursday dinner. DD and I eat dinner at 5 pm when we get home from work/office. So we have free time from 5.30-8 (except for mondays and wednesdays), this is DD's homework, our personal time, just lazing time or anything. If I want to make something special I will use this time. Otherwise I use this time as family time, if DH is home. We all eat a snack around 7.30 and DD hits bed at 8. DH and I hang out until 9.30 ish and go to bed. My day starts at 5.15am. Breakfasts are usually - idli-chutney-omlet/ waffle/ peanut butter bread sandwich/ scones/ muffins. I mix and match Indian and American. I leave home at 6.30 on monday and wednesday and 7.00 on all other days. We call home only on weekends, otehr days only whats app texting photo sharing etc.

Laundry is on saturday and folding is on sunday, sometimes we skip this and it is a lot of work next week:grimacing:! Weekends are always the busiest for me. When I started working, it took me 2-3 months to fall into a routine.

8. priyasaki

priyasaki Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I am married for 7+ yrs..
    I was not allowed into kitchen by my MIL for first 2 yrs(It is her territory).
    After delivery i was in my mom's place.. since i was working and we had full time maid for my son my mom does cooking always...

1 yr back (June 2018) dh,me and son moved to a rented house..from there i started my full cooking..
    My routine as follows

6.15 am - wake up
    7.00 am - finish cooking of sambar /kulambu/chutney (make 2 dosas and give it to ds for breakfast with sambar)
    7.15 am - finish cooking of dry veggie, rice is ready
    7.30 am - son lunch is packed, leave him in school van
    7.45 am - start doing work out (20 mins)
    8.15 am - washing clothes by hand(weekly 3 days)
    8.45 am - serve breakfast for dh(idly/dosa/puri/pongal)
    9.15 am - dh leaves to office
    9.15 am - 9.45 am - ME TIME(either clean kitchen, arrange wardrobe or sleep)
    10.00 am - get ready, leave to office

8.00 pm - return from office(son wil have dinner at mom's place and will be waiting for me)
    8.30 pm - story time, my son sleeps
    8.30 pm - 9.30 pm - ME TIME(stitiching, watching youtube videos,...)
    9.30 pm - have dinner
    10.00 pm - Sleep

My mom cooks dinner for us also, so in the night only minimal work in kitchen

9. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

[/QUOTE]

I think I am much worse than this :mask: I got biggest of the opaque plastic bins from amazon that doubles as a two seater bench that has everything inside it from toys to diaper boxes ,clothes , bedsheets , books anything that can fit in . Earlier I would throw all the items lying around in a crib to contain it while guests are at home and then all comes back promptly . Items just shift from one table to another. Folding laundry is my worst point . A couch is kept away exclusively to throw away washed clothes on it . I remember my childs therapist when came home first time was shocked to find that huge pile of laundry on the couch for about three weeks . Finally when it got sorted and folded she was equally shocked again . :lol:
    I am always in awe of and envy anyone who keeps house spic and span :relaxed:. Its a lot of work :clap2:

yesican, Sinant, Amulet and 4 others like this.
  10. SpringB

SpringB Platinum IL'ite

I work, cook twice a day, cut vegs prev night during media time includes (TV, movie, IL) cleaning & doing laundry are all part of routine on alternate days, engage in social activities during weekends and plan time around kids activities ! I have a friend who does much more than what I do. Same 24 hours but she achieves more and that keeps me going. My house is reasonably clean and everything is a combined effort.

Vaikuntha, SinghManisha and anika987 like this.