1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Miscellaneous Media News Or Discussions

Discussion in 'TV' started by Dhamini, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Dhamini

Dhamini Platinum IL'ite

Murano likes this.
  2. Dhamini

Dhamini Platinum IL'ite

I saw a video on this airport which was constructed by China in Srilanka. Absolutely no flights at all there. What significance it could have except for China’s own interests for economic corridors. I heard India wanted to have a stake to keep the China at bay. Don’t know what happened there. I think they gave up or gone ahead. No idea.
    Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport - Wikipedia

SpringB and Murano like this.
  3. Dhamini

Dhamini Platinum IL'ite

Those who want to do with black money will have invested them in other means already. The middle income and others will be affected with these things.

4. Dhamini

Dhamini Platinum IL'ite

More in Sri Lanka. Seems our neighbors will be in neck deep debts with China if these continues. What’s the point in these infrastructure and getting into huge debts? They will only be at the mercy of China for everything if this continues. This is what is concerning India.
    In Sri Lanka, the new Chinese Silk Road is a disappointment

5. Murano

Murano Guest

china has the advantage in both air and sea ports. the strategy is to build the infra of that country with chinese investments on long term lease, BOMT model build operate maintain and transfer. the country would be bankrupt and no returns hence no transfer. china will call the shots permanently.

china does this just not around us but also in afr continent. in strategy and execution china is far ahead. we can never catch up with just media gimmics.

periamma, SpringB and Dhamini like this.
  6. Murano

Murano Guest

true. this is just to distract and harrass the prompt tax paying class, the mass.

periamma, SpringB and Dhamini like this.
  7. Dhamini

Dhamini Platinum IL'ite

It’s going to be difficult to compete with them. They handle things ruthlessly when it comes to economy and their power maintenance. I had read before their African investments. India too does such investments but the scale is less compared to them.

They want India’s support for this 5G which I don’t think India will accept which is good and anyone should be really concerned about that. Their main reason for this visit is for economic issues given the unstableness with US right now.

periamma, SpringB and Murano like this.
  8. SpringB

SpringB Platinum IL'ite

Dhamini and Murano like this.
  9. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

China has built a strong air base long ago when an internal fight going between LTTE and Srilankan .govt This is one of the reason for supporting LTTE by India.

Murano likes this.
  10. rgz

rgz Gold IL'ite

^ When did India support?
    India sent the IPKF to support SL govt