1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Best Gift you received from Husband

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by akshaya452, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Yes.
    LISTEN TO YOUR WIFE

PurpleRoses likes this.
  2. rgz

rgz Gold IL'ite

Nice but just maybe he too thinks thats the best gift you can give him? maybe?

3. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

Wow.. some amazing husbands out there.
    I am so unlucky in birthdays.
    My husband of 15 years makesures he pouting as my birthday nears and has never wished me on my birthday or any other day.
    For his first birthday, I planned a nice day out,
    Some birthdays I got a lot of baloons and cake and sang him the birthday song
    After enough years of putting me down on my birthday, I got the message.
    For all those with gift giving husbands, you are so lucky

4. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

DIVORCE finally got my freedom and my life back or rather happy to feel alive !!

5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

The title of the thread is Best gift from husband. So no point in deviating the topic

6. rgz

rgz Gold IL'ite

How about you read (as in get the tone of ) the post above mine before writing me a comment, thanks.
    If one spouse wants the gift of the other to shut-up, the reciprocal can be true too.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good you bumped up the thread. I read some old posts and felt nice to read posts from Radhai and others who no longer post. I was also waiting to read my own post in thread.. it never came up. :lol: Then, I realized it is another thread started by you (code language or something).

Best gifts:
    - heart shaped candy on our first Valentine's Day together. Biggish one. Took me and my roommate a week to finish. : )
    - engagement ring. Was very old fashioned and heavy kind, and most of the (clueless) people who saw it said, 'oh doesn't look an engagement ring.' But, to me it remains the most beautiful one. I refuse to get it fixed so it fits me now. It will remain in my jewelry box till I figure out a diet/exercise to slim the fingers. :kissingheart:

Fast forward to now: He managed to get the kids to gift me on Mother's Day and my birthday this year. Kids spent some time searching for suitable ones online. One even wrapped it. : ) The other gave it in the brown Amazon box but added a cute little 3x4 inch stuffed toy.

Indeed, I have taught them all well. :sunglasses:

8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ditto.
    Likewise!

My DH is the kind who doesn't believe in gifting. That was in the first year of marriage. After that, I've been surprised on countless occasions. The usual stuff aside, the ones that touched me the most have always been tickets to go home. I've made it to many milestone occasions(usually surprising everyone involved) thanks to DH springing a last minute surprise ticket. I've cherished every one of those moments.

9. PurpleRoses

PurpleRoses Finest Post Winner

Calm down lady... I just posted it in a lighthearted way... it's not for your husband or you okay?
    And It was never meant "shut up". It was "never argue" because he argues at the drop of hat even when its his mistake and continues to shout even wen I try to be calm and he is too short tempered who never listens to anyone.

Moral for you - Never judge people when you dont know their story.
    2nd moral - learn to understand and interpret properly

Don't wish to deviate this beautiful thread hence wont be responding further to this person.
    :)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    sbonigala, Sunshine04 and shravs3 like this.
  10. PurpleRoses

PurpleRoses Finest Post Winner

Thank you :)

Sunshine04 and shravs3 like this.