Navrathri 2019

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by Anusha2917, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

As we reached Navami today- last day of nine days , I'm getting some time to hold my phone in my hand and make a detailed post.

It's been a marathon and I know still we haven't concluded the festival and tomorrow is the victory day - "Vijaya" Dashami. But since I have time now I'm going to post my Golu pics.

I have come a long way in celebrating this festival. From someone who never lit lamp even once before marriage to making everyday pooja with Neivadhyam now - yes indeed I have learnt a lot and still learning .

My mom markets my improvement very much to everyone . She's very happy that I'm celebrating all festivals with great enthusiasm. She says " Aaha when I said you to light a lamp and you used to run away saying "it's not my thing " - now look at you doing everything with so much enthusiasm and Bhakthi. "

From being a tomboy in school and college days to draping Saree twice a day for the Pooja ,chanting Devi Strotam ,Lalitha Sahasranamam and other religious stuff the journey is something I'm enjoying. My college friends who visit me for my golu can't believe what they are seeing. " Whatta transformation" is their reaction .

Yes credit to my in laws who are big time to religious stuff and I have a huge responsibility in carrying forward that legacy and it I don't do it because they expect - I do it because over the years I have loved doing it.

My first Golu consisted of one set of Ram ,Lakshman, Seetha and Hanuman set and Durga, Lakshmi, saraswathi in 2012. This is my collection in 7 years. Each year small additions will happen. And in 7 years I'm proud of my collection and hope next year is much better and grand than this year.

What is Navrathri without meeting family and friends. All nine days was super fun with a lot of family and friends visiting. Yes I make sure all near and dear ones are invited home . It gives the best positive feeling to get together like this. I also made time to visit friends and relatives.
    Golu hopping ,eating sundal/sweets every day , taking loads of pics ,singing songs ,following color code every single day are some highlights of the festival apart from everyday pooja.

Had great Dandiya night celebrations with unlimited dance and fun.

When a neighbor asked the significance of this festival : This is what my MIL explained - I'll put it in short here :
    The Asuras (evil beings / bad happenings) are destroyed by the goddess and on 10th day she emerges victorious - like wise we should emerge victorious by destroying the evil thoughts which is in our minds by praying the goddess and seek for more knowledge (Vidhya And buddhi) on Saraswathi pooja and emerge Victorious. - A beautiful explanation indeed. :)

Over all a great celebration and I feel blessed to have reached the 9th day today.

My theme this year is a village. Pic posted below.

New additions : Brass Buddha and bullock cart which I have used in my village theme and Karumari Amman.

Overall I am very happy and satisfied that with blessings from Goddess every day became special and memorable day.

Happy Vijayadashami to everyone and may victory, success and happiness be a part of everyone's life.

Few pics from the 1000 pics I have captured this season. IMG_20191007_103526.jpg IMG_20191007_103453.jpg IMG_20190928_222406.jpg IMG_20191007_103554.jpg IMG_20191007_103606.jpg

Rihana, Leela41, Navrag and 13 others like this.

2. Anusha2917

Few additional pics here :
    1) Karumari Amman and neivadhyam pics of few days.
    IMG_20191007_103612.jpg IMG_20191004_180032.jpg IMG_20191004_092430.jpg IMG_20190930_085532.jpg IMG_20190929_181239.jpg

Rihana, Durga18, Amica and 10 others like this.
  3. Anusha2917

@Thyagarajan Sir - here are the pics. :) I made a separate post and couldn't upload pics in 100 days positivity thread.

Hope you are having a great festival.

Thyagarajan and shravs3 like this.
  4. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

very nice. Even though the festival takes up a lot of time and effort, the satisfaction cant be expressed in words. Lovely pics. I especially liked the village scene:thumbup:

Thyagarajan and Anusha2917 like this.
  5. mbharani

mbharani Gold IL'ite

Beautiful :clap2: very nicely done...Happy Dushera to you and your family.

6. Anusha2917

Thank you so much. Yes true words.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

8. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Anusha,
    A very pleasant Golu! I aprrecite your efforts to set this spectacular Golu and liked that Village theme a lot.
    Happy Vijayadashami and Maa Durga showers her blessings on you and your family! :)

9. Murano

Murano Guest

tom boyish to golu girlish nice transformation.

nice golu and snacks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2019
  10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:A golu riot of colours both in dolls and neivedhyam.
    2. Village scene labour intensive but one nourishes visualisation; green shoots in clay soil make shift house replica all aesthetically arranged and captured with thoughtful effort.

3. This day peacock blue used to embellish Godess Saraswathi and kanya.

4. @iyerviji would certainly love and nominate this post. In your narration you had brought out the essence.
    Thanks and regards.
    Let Devi bless you with whatever you wished for yourself including motherhood.

Anusha2917 and iyerviji like this.