1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Beautiful Memories

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jskls, Sep 13, 2019.

1. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

We were at my younger ones back to school night. I was looking at one of the timeline projects my YO did. There was a picture of my YO and EO and the lines said “ I have beautiful memories with my sibling. I miss her a lot now”. The words beautiful memories stuck a chord.

I was reminded of someone I know who is bent upon creating beautiful memories. Let’s call her Shakthi. Shakthi is a very vibrant active middle aged person who is a stay at home person. She takes care of her beautiful children, attends to her in-laws every two hours even at night and serves her better half like God. She is constantly working with the system to afford best care and support for the family. In between she’s determined to find some opportunities to keep her family afloat. Recently she started learning to drive . Whenever I think of her, her smiling face comes to my mind. Just like Krishna holds the Govardhana Giri I see her holding her family responsibilities single handedly with a smile.

Now for the past few months she is focused on creating special moments for her family every single day. Let it be arranging a family trip by reaching out to a local organization or making special dishes that her family likes or arranging special pooja at home with a beautiful big rangoli that fills the driveway or welcoming guests who visits from far and near, she does everything with a smile.

She has brought the whole community together in the process as everyone wants to contribute in whatever way they can to support her. Her only goal now is to fill her children’s and BH’s life with beautiful memories while she grins and bears the hardships . When we pray for the families’ wellbeing we also pray for her strength (both physical and mental) to help her get through this while still achieving her goal of providing beautiful memories.

I have no words when I see her, who has every reason to complain but still chose to brace the situation while going above and beyond in providing the best she can. She is the immense “Shakthi” I know. I don’t know if god exists but I see the divinity in her. Deivam manushya Rupena!

2. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

These are the moments that keeps us humans alive and kicking ; There's nothing which drives the beauty of life more than hope and that's what keeps us live within ..... life in its truest form :)
    These maybe are the signs that God demonstrates his/her presence through

jskls likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: @jskls
    A mere sentence has so much power in it that triggers a huge rewind to regurgitate and let enjoy one in slow pace those moments beautiful ones.

2. Quite a nice observation and it’s sequel is this snippet. A thread - kind of soft landing here amidst meandering issues in personal relationships.

3. SHAKTHI is a powerful swaroopam and the very name triggers beautiful memories of those days enjoying reading Mahakavi Bharathi who eulogised “Shakthi” profusely superbly in numerous poems.
    One sample:
    துன்ப மிலாத நிலையே சக்தி,
    தூக்க மிலாக்கண் விழிப்பே சக்தி,
    அன்பு கனிந்த கனிவே சக்தி,
    ஆண்மை நிறைந்த நிறைவே சக்தி,
    இன்ப முதிர்ந்த முதிர்வே சக்தி,
    எண்ணத் திருக்கும் எரியே சக்தி,
    முன்புநிற் கின்ற தொழிலே சக்தி,
    முக்தி நிலையின் முடிவே சக்தி.

சோம்பர் கெடுக்கும் துணிவே சக்தி,
    சொல்லில் விளங்கும் சுடரே சக்தி,
    தீம்பழந் தன்னில் சுவையே சக்தி,
    தெய்வத்தை எண்ணும் நினைவே சக்தி,
    பாம்பை அடிக்கும் படையே சக்தி,
    பாட்டினில் வந்த களியே சக்தி,
    சாம்பரைப் பூசி மலைமிசை வாழும்
    சங்கரன் அன்புத் தழலே சக்தி.

வாழ்வு பெருக்கும் மதியே சக்தி,
    மாநிலங் காக்கும் மதியே சக்தி,
    தாழ்வு தடுக்குஞ் சதிரே சக்தி,
    சஞ்சல நீக்குந் தவமே சக்தி,
    வீழ்வு தடுக்கும் விறலே சக்தி,
    விண்ணை யளக்கும் விரிவே சக்தி,
    ஊழ்வினை நீக்கும் உயர்வே சக்தி,
    உள்ளத் தொளிரும் உயர்வே சக்தி.

(Sorry that I have no patience to translate this energetic poem)

4. Anjali our neighbourhood auto driver is SHAKTHI of our area. She is social worker. She takes care of her differently ambled parents in law who manage as vegetable vendors. Her two daughters in middle school excel in music and dance. She transformed her alcoholic husband to a responsible man runs a tea shop. She is big bundle of energy and the entire neighbourhood is proud of her.
    She radiates energy and motivate the rest. She could never grumble. I wonder how could she always wear a cheerful disposition and one glance of her - others are refreshed & motivated.
    Saree clad with Kakhi overcoat, strung jasmine on her head with a big Thilak on her forehead - she looks divine diva to others. Divinity in motion.

Thanks and Regards.

Viswamitra, sindmani and jskls like this.
  4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Madam, your beautiful write up has reminded of my Amma,who was a living Goddess.She studied only upto 3rd std.A motherless child, she was brought by her mother's mother,her mother-in-law too.In those days, in 1900 beginning, deliveries took place at home. My grandma would be informed soon on start of labour, She would start even at midnight and attend the delivery at thatched huts or even cow sheds or any place. Later my Amma was trained.
    My Amma was full of energy. Amidst cooking for 25 persons in a joint family and grinding huge volumes of idli batter in manual stone grinder,she had special aptitude in solving maths problems.She could solve algebra problems at the college level My niece doing 1st year B. Sc, would leave the problem to patti. Amma with a piece of sandstone( maakkal) would solve it on the floor of our cemented floor of cow shed.Her ability to compose poems on various mythological themes for Kolaatta jothra festival every November was exemplary.

She would be present during births to conduct delivery and equally present during deaths to sing the Oppaari eulogising all the merits of the dead.We have many post graduates and research scholars women in our family. But till date no one could excel my energy brimmed Amma in intellectual activities,rational thinking surpassing logical thinking.

In 1950 Amma participated in a Patti manram conducted in our temple during Navarathri. Amma, a slim figure in cotton madisar saree was adjudged as the best speaker. While all others quoted from Thirukkural, kamba ramayanam, Amma could quote even better renderings from Tamil folk lore.

I have prepared a memoir of about 75 pages narrating every memorable event in her life, as narrated by her and also witnessed by us.
    During every Navarathri my first worship goes to her, a Shakthi incarnate,
    Thank you Madam for kindling my thoughts .
    jayasala42

6. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

That is so nice of you! maybe you can publish it as a book and can inspire many others too

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@jskls LakshmiShakthi very energetic .I find Shakthi in every woman.nicely written

kkrish, Thyagarajan and jskls like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

:hello:@sindmani glad you clicked like for my response here.
    Regards.

9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lakshmi,

What a delightful snippet dedicated to Shakthi. I have come across a few Shakthis myself. I came back to Chennai to do my CA after finishing undergrad. I stayed with my Periappa. My periamma was such a delightful person who fed so many of us everyday, took care of her sick husband, welcomed everyone who visited us always with a smile. She literally lived in present moment without a single complaint. From the time she wakes up to the time she goes to bed, she was doing everything with a smile.

The next one I met was our maid in Chennai. She was raised by her uncle as she lost her parents at a young age. She finished her graduation, got married and have a child now. She serves everyone with a smile. She works proactively without us telling anything. She calls me Appa with a lot of love. She is only 25 years old now. She is constantly in touch with us regularly. Whenever we notify her about us going to Chennai, she literally takes care of us like a daughter despite her responsibility towards her husband, daughter, work, etc. She is always serving everyone with a smile. She is another Shakthi I know.

kkrish and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. Thyagarajan

:hello:Noted.
    2. Studied upto 3rd stad but later trained and educated. Am I right? Correct me if i erred in my conclusion.

3. Ditto my mother. Thanks for nostalgia.

4. Ditto my mom. Good reflection.

5. Wish you upload.
    Kudos to your long memory of which even elephants would shy away from you!
    Thanks madam sister.
    Regards.