1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Coping With Loss

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by jskls, Sep 23, 2019.

1. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thanks ragz. Life is inevitable.
    Life is unfair too! and sometimes cruel to the best humans. it makes us feel so powerless and knocks us down. Time is the only answer

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @Laks09 yes since I couldn't or didn't want to share it in RL I opted to share it here. Surely will talk it out here if need be. Will take some time to get over it but will be there for the family to offer continuous help in whatever way we can.

Thyagarajan and Laks09 like this.
  3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I am not sure whether you are religious or atheist. But faith often helped me when I could not combat the fear of unknowing.
    Two years back around this time, several known people died in my city due to an unexpected Dengue outbreak. None of them were old or sick, but Dengue killed them just like that within a week or so.
    They had families, children, plans for their future and all... Looking at their FB and the grieving families, I felt devastated.
    Life seemed nothing, and it hurts even to move a finger when your mind is not settled.
    I too felt so low, and uninterested in anything about life. The fear of death, the fear of loss, the fear of uncertainty hit me hard, that I couldn't be myself anymore back then.

But I submitted myself to God. I believe that God knows what's happening, and he has a plan for each and every days for us. If death has to happen now, perhaps that's the best thing to happen to our lives that time. Perhaps, that's the best time to die than ever.
    I surrender myself to God completely, and believed whatever happens around me is known to God, and he won't let anything to happen that I could not take it.
    This gave me a sense of relief in the coming days. Almost 3 months after the epidemic, my son fell ill, and it was later diagnosed as Dengue. But this time, I had the courage to face it.

All the families that were devastated after the loss of their loved ones 2 years back have moved so much now.
    Eg: A 36 year old woman died, and she left 3 young kids (under the age of 10) and her loving husband behind.
    Look at how God has designed their destiny.
    Her brother was childless despite of being married for 10 years. He now adopted her first son (He is so fond of his mama). He lives with his parents, so the kid too gets to live with their maternal grand-parents.
    Her husband's sister had a long battle with fertility, that has almost caused her love life in the past. Now that she adopted the newborn of the deceased mother. The newborn believes her new parents as her own.
    Their second son was the only one that was very much attached to the parents, specially dad. Because the first one was always pampered by his maternal grandparents and mama before.
    The husband (dad of the kids) got re-married to a woman who also had fertility issues in the past; hence got divorced. He took his second child with him, and the couple have started their new life with a kid.

All the 03 kids are now the apple of their current parents' eyes, and getting extreme care and love as they have lighten up the dark lives of these parents.

jskls and Thyagarajan like this.