1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Obsession

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by muggs, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

Bizarre daredevilry from a crazy teen! Blame it on the adolescent hormones!

What you have depicted in this story may not be a 'ghar ghar ki kahani', but, sadly, it's a grim reality. Hundreds of ambitious, crazy youth throng the film city to take a glimpse of their favourite film star or to make a career for themselves in the cine world. However, in most cases, before they make out the difference between reel life and real life, the game gets over for them, and they end up in a dingy brothel or a flashy dance bar for the rest of their life.

Our heroine has to consider herself very lucky as nothing untoward incidents happened to her. She also managed to fulfil her dream of meeting her most beloved superstar in person. I wonder how the superstar felt when our girl hugged him with her 2 days old, sweaty and smelly dress!

And pray tell us that the superstar was not Shahrukh Khan, and the house was not Mannat, and you were not inspired by the film Fan!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    muggs and ratan like this.
  2. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much @peddadas for reading the story and giving your lovely comments throughout:relaxed:

3. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thanks a ton @ratan for giving your valuable comments throughout the story:relaxed:
    Yes that's what her parents decided at that point of time.

4. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thank you @Rampuri9 for taking out time and reading my story.:relaxed:
    Yes, you are right.. these days youth doesn't think much and just do what comes in their mind.

5. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

First of all thanks much @Tamrakshar for reading the story and giving a detailed comment.:relaxed:

I agree that it is not ghar ghar ki kahani but in whichever house such things happened, it becomes very difficult for the parents to deal with such teenagers. A fear that they can repeat something like that will always surround them.

Going to Mumbai and meeting their favorite actor/actress is not something new. I heard that even in the past, girls or boys used to run away to meet legends like Dev Anandji, Rajesh Khannaji and many more. I haven't watched the movie Fan though but I will go ahead and see it. In this case, I have some very recent actor in my mind whose fan following has grown very rapidly.

True, that Shruti in this story, was lucky enough and met only good people and got back to her parents safe and sound. Superstar, she met was alright and didn't faint with the smell, as she got freshened up in the waiting room:smile:

Tamrakshar and ratan like this.
  6. Ragavisang

Ragavisang Gold IL'ite

Yes I liked the story muggs. Expecting more gripping stories from you. You have a wonderful talent in writing:cheer:! Keep writing:clap2:!

7. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the lovely comment @Ragavisang :relaxed:
    Working on my next story..:icon_writing:
    Meanwhile, if you get time, here are a few more stories... Do share your feedback:thumbup:

Eligible Bachelor

Bundle Of Joy

8. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

Hi @muggs ,

Nice story, this story is based on real incidents if my memory is correct. Today's young generation has no patience & are crazy for anything, you described it perfectly.:grinning::grinning:

muggs likes this.
  9. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thanks, @leenam05 for reading and liking the story.:blush: There are many incidents where young boys or girls take such steps and don't think about the consequences. I wanted to depict the feelings of the parents, what is going on their mind, how society and relatives react and how the law and social media help people.

Rampuri9 likes this.
  10. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Feeling bad that I didn't read the story on time because after reading the second epi I guessed she would have gone to meet her favrt actor :facepalm:

Reading the first epi I was really anxious to see if this girl was safe. :frown::frown:

Flow of the story was gripping and you have captured the family members anxiety very realistically ma'am :clap2::clap2::clap2::worship2: its a big lesson to the parents....

these days kids (not just kids :p) really don't realize what they are doing and it becomes too late for them to realize their mistakes!! Parents have to train and know how to handle....Most imp learn to understand their moves. Scary!!

hatsoff :worship2: to cops!! I liked the way you investigated :cheer::cheer:

Thank you for this valuable story :number_one:

muggs likes this.