How To Remain Calm....

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by messedup, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Uffff .. I'm not able take so much , all in one day. Like they say "whose face did I see when I woke up? " maybe a good face and woke up in the right direction. So far having a good day in IL. Lot of mentions for being practical and speaking my mind. I'll take the ribbon myself (in my mind) even if IL doesn't want to give me a second ribbon. . :cheer:
    Coming to older/matured talk ;)
    @Amulet are you getting the 8 hrs of sleep which a woman (irrespective of her age) should get. ? I see a lot of night walk/talk here when it's night/midnight in a phoren country . Or you prefer being nocturnal.? :tonguecrazy:
    See I'm sounding like an old aunty .

Welcome @UmaSmaheswari . I love your DP.

2. Anusha2917

Try meditation. Early when you wake up, before everyone else is awake. At least for 15-20 mins.
    If we want to control our mind, only meditation will help.

sindmani, Amulet and messedup like this.
  3. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Meditation is a good option. I tried for that for few days but waking up more early daily that I was not able to maintain that's why left in few days. Will try again if I can do this.

Amulet and Anusha2917 like this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Talk to your MIL ... (who is only a few steps away...etc. etc..) and find out how much sleep she needs. You must really train her to use the internet ( if she doesn't already) and become a member of IL. And write about the wonderful daughter she acquired through the marriage of her son. That would quiet the lot of us down.

Anyhow... seriously, one of the methods of keeping dementia at bay for older people is to engage in some brain work, like simple interactions on forums such as this one. You'd see some older girls (like me!!) doing their daily mental calisthenics on this (and a few other ) forums. And then they go on to gyms for loosening their locked up joints so that they can play with their grand children. Physically moving about a little bit everyday is good for the "regularity" in the toilet. I bet you are exercising your MIL a bit everyday. This is no different than taking a dog for a walk. Never tell her that you are talking her for a walk, just to move her bowels.

Have a good laugh, and ignore all. best to you, Amulet

messedup and Anusha2917 like this.
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Do some pranayama at least for 10-15 minutes. I have been doing this to reduce my stress levels which are helping me.

6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

describe what/how you do what you do.

7. Anusha2917

Also listening to calm soothing music helps. When in office to reduce my reaction to the guys in my team during those PMS days I put my headphones and keep listening to soothing music. (you can check this in YouTube ) like eg this :

When you are doing your work (cooking cleaning etc) put your headphones and keep listening to such soothing music. Not when kids need you around. :grin:

This type of music has even given me a lot of relief.

sindmani, Ammu2886 and shravs3 like this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Try the following:

1) Most of what we do in life are routine in nature resulting in frustration of repetition. Find 30-60 minutes for you to spend time on something very creative. Assign time when you will not be disturbed by anyone. You will look forward to this time despite all the routines.

2) Try to convince your subconscious mind to learn to enjoy everything you do for your children and family. It is sort of an auto suggestion to overcome the tension and worry about how the next day will play out. Be determined to make things unfold on its own term everyday and that habit will reduce your stress and anxiety, if you are unable to meditate.
    Frankly, enjoying what you do is meditation.

3) Despite all that you do, always remember that the children will consider shouting at them as hate unless it is for disciplining them for their mistakes. Try to encourage the children to eat on their own timely to get ready to school by telling them that good behavior would get good rewards and bad behavior would get time out or reduced screen/play time, if there is one already.

4) Keep talking to the older one about his/her responsibility to look after the younger one. Slowly assign and train the older one to do smaller tasks for himself/herself besides helping the younger one.

5) Be open with your husband about your stress and anxiety and ask his suggestion to overcome that. Ask him to look after the children during the weekends when he is at home and experience it himself.

Never discuss anything with your MIL unless she offers to help you. That will only destabilize your relationship with your husband. If she is a helpful person, she would have pitched in to help you already.

9. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

How it would be :rolleyes: she writing good about me:biggrin: will die out of excitement:tonguecrazy:
    Your reply made me laugh. My Mil is too heavy yet active. But she can't help me much as she already have many tasks to do. She has to take care of all the floors and remain busy. Also due to her age and health she need long sleeping hours about 10-12 hours she sleep daily. If needed she do the task also many tasks that she do I don't interfere with that.

Amulet likes this.
  10. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Good idea. Need time for that. All these activities that we can do only early morning are little difficult as I already have less sleeping hours. Still will try to do this in later hours. Thanks for the suggestion.

shravs3 likes this.