1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whispers Of Love

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Jul 16, 2018.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Chapter-45

Harini

I was nervous while getting into train. The thought of new place, competitive environment scared me. Nandhini came to station to see me off.

She was constantly texting someone while my thoughts were with doing justice to the loan

‘Whom are you texting?’ I asked.

‘Sriram…’

‘which Sriram?’

‘Brother of the one who helped you getting into B-school and the one you forgot to thank. I’m ashamed of this behavior from you Harini, no matter what?’ Nandhii blurted loudly so that other passengers started looking at us.

‘Shut up…Who told you, I haven’t thanked. I personally visited his house he wasn’t around. I sent him a letter and an e-mail….I didn’t receive response for any of this and out of blue you are claiming I haven’t thanked him…’

‘I’m sorry..I didn’t know..I thought..I’m sure Srikanth doesn’t know you any of this..why couldn’t you call him or text him?’ she asked.

‘There was a lot to say..I couldn’t have conveyed in any other means…’Guard blew the whistle and I told her ‘Take care of ma..’

‘Harini..Tell me something..’She was about to ask something as train moved.

‘It doesn’t matter…’ I said. I couldn’t understand the look in her face. This new job of hers has made her more matured and confident. She didn’t raise this topic when we spoke next.

B-School kept me scared but I put all my efforts on the college. I had to as lot of things were at stake.I got education loan from a trust and Mukund sir helped me a lot for the same. I have to start repaying them after I find a job.

I could see I was improving myself on various fronts. But ..yeah..I couldn’t make any friends. I remember Srikanth and Dev saying about competitive environment and it is a completely cut-throat environment.

One day when my head was buried in Economics book, I suddenly looked up my mobile to see a mail from Srikanth.

Sub:Congrats

To:imharini@nitt.edu

Hi Harini,

Trust you will be settled in your B-School when reading this mail. Congrats, Harini. It’s no mean feet to crack the entrance in first attempt and land in a good B- School.

I got to know through Nandhini few weeks before that you did try reaching out to me before leaving to B-School. Apologies, I never knew that, I thought you never wanted to meet me after that incident. Vivaan was the only person at house who knew you visited and he forgot to inform me. Your letter is still in dad’s room(no one gets post apart from him). I was shamelessly ignoring my mails and I checked your mail only after I got to know from Nandhini.

Let’s leave the past to where it belongs. I’m deputed in Evolution , Sydney office at the moment. New place, new problems are helping me to forget whatever I have to let go. What’s up from your end? How is B-School treating you? Write to me soon.

Cheers,

Srikanth

Next morning, I rechecked my mail to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. I took time to compose my reply to him.

Sub:Re:Congrats

To: srikanthj@evolution.com

Hi Srikanth,

I had to read the mail several times to believe this mail was real. I have been thinking about you lot more than usual moment I landed up in B-school. I could relate to lot of things you said about life in B-schools. This is a different experience for me and I’m surviving here.

How’s life at Sydney? What problems are you talking about?

Regards,

Harini

Sub:Re: Re:Congrats

To:imharini@nitt.edu

Hi,

I thought I wouldn’t get a response from you. Looks like both of us couldn’t predict each other J.

Life at Sydney..Hmmm..ORK has pushed my profile here with backing of Mukund. Looks like the country manager Mike has a history with ORK(and who doesn’t have history with ORK) and also he had in mind somebody else for the role.

Mike thinks I got here purely of ORK recommendation and never leaves a chance to taunt me. He purposefully ignores my suggestion in meetings and behaves bit silly. I was deputed here to support three projects but all I’m doing is something even a high school student can do.

Hoping for better days.

Cheers,

Srikanth

Sub:Re:Re: Re:Congrats

To: srikanthj@evolution.com

Hi,

Couldn’t reply to your mails earlier. Had strenuous few days in campus.

Mike is directing his anger on ORK towards you.I’m sure sooner or later he will realize your potential. Till them don’t forget whose son you are and keep your head up.

By the way I saw an article about Sriram’s startup in Business magazine. Your family never cease to amaze me.

Regards,

Harini

Thus we began exchanging messages. Sometimes it would be a one liner or detailed mails depending on how our moods are. I looked forward to his mails. I don’t know how things will be with us in future but we were getting closer than never before with each mail.

That weekend I squeezed a trip to my place. That was the first time I visited home since I started college.I was shocked when I saw mom, who appeared younger. She looked happier post the divorce which was clearly shown in her face.

‘You look fab ma..’ I told her.

‘You don’t know the full story..she started working out and is on diet too..she is wearing clothes from my wardrobe too..’ Nandhini added.

‘Hush..enough girls…There’s something I want to tell you both..’ mother said.

‘Let me guess…’Nandhini started saying something

‘I’m promoted. I’m managing all the bakeries of Priya. ‘ she said happily

Adharv, Bhoonzee, muggs and 4 others like this.
  2. blackbeauty84

Apologies for the long break. I was away on an official trip for more than a month and most of the days I didn't sleep for more than four hours. Posted the next episode now. Thing will be regular from now.

Adharv and ammusatheesh like this.
  3. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

Okay BB...Take care of ur health too

4. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Heyyyyy BB, Welcome back ! Thanks a ton dear! Back with a bang! Great episode. How cute both are exchanging emails?

Grrrrrr..I guess you posted the same episode twice, please check.

5. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Dear BB
    Though this is after a long break, you never miss to amaze me by your writing. I was living with your characters and Srika and Hari , I have imagined a lot. The feel of the characters within me widened my smile, when i finished the latest episode. Looking forward for more from you. Please, I beg you get some romantic moments between srika and harini.

6. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Wow..Back with a bang
    Cant wait to read further

7. baljit

baljit Senior IL'ite

Nice going.... Can't wait for next episode

FunChin likes this.
  8. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

BB...It's been long.. Hope everything's fine

FunChin likes this.
  9. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

:banana::banana::banana: Wow feel good come back epi BB ma'am :clap2::clap2::clap2: We have no traces of past pains in the series....:cheer::cheer: really nice to see Harini and Srika back to form and their blooming love :hearteyes::hearteyes: Harini's confidence/trust on Srikanth :sunglasses:

Aunty kalakuringa!!

Waiting to see what happens next. thank you!! Take care.

10. blackbeauty84

Chapter-46

Jaishankar

‘Priya, I have to leave now. Mukund wants to talk to me something important before I board the flight. Take care.’ I said enveloping her in a hug.

‘Have good time with Srikanth, I have packed some edibles for him..’ I’m going to Sydney for a conference , planning a surprise visit and stay with Srikanth. It’s close to a year he started working there and I have been receiving frequent report from his counselor there and the folks who visit him.

Our house security guard announced Mukund is at gate, he is driving me to airport. ‘Mukund is very secretive..not sure what he wants to discuss..’ I said to Priya while coming out of room.

‘Hmmmm..’ Priya sighed.

‘You know what he is going to talk about..he said it’s personal matter..’ I asked her. Mukund is close to Priya and I’m really thankful that Priya has a good friend in form of him. Before our marriage, Mukund spoke to me about his love for Priya, how he got chickened out in expressing it and how he always wishes the best for her.

We started soon and I was bit surprised by what Mukund wanted to talk to me. Over the coffee, I told him about what I thought about it in the given situation.

As I was about to board the flight Sagar called me regarding the conference and the strategy I need to adopt for the same. There’s a lot of change in Sagar ever since I warned him to stay off Ajitha. Mukund too had the same opinion and pointed out that Sagar is not dating anyone at present.

After a long flight to Sydney, I got into the cab hoping Srikanth is at home. It was around 8pm , I rang his bell.

‘Daaddd.’ He was thoroughly surprised.

‘Thank god you are home..Are you alone or with somebody?’ I asked.

‘Uff..you know I’m not seeing anyone now..’ he said inviting me inside.

This is the first time I have been to where he is living. He has kept the house reasonable decent.

‘What’s for dinner? Shall we go out..?’ I said after freshening up.

We went to a Indian restaurant and in the middle of dinner

‘Dad.. Mike is here, I should have thought..his girl firend is Indian.. ‘ he said.

‘Did he notice you?’ I asked

‘No..even if he does..he treats me as an object.’ Srikanth replied. I knew the ruffle between ORK and Mike.

‘Didn’t he send a appreciative note about you to Sameer last month?’ I asked.

‘Did Sameer tell you that? Also I never told you about my history with Mike…what dad getting news from other ears in the company?.’ he mocked.

‘Of course..but like hearing cricket commentary..It’s your game and when you were messed up a little, I showed you how to play other than that I’m just spectator. Shall we leave? There’s something about Sriram I want to tell you..’ I said.

‘If we leave now, Mike would know..’ he said worryingly.

‘We can’t stay here for next one hour and there is not movie like solution like going via back doors.I’m not going to hide you or let you hide Srikanth. Enough of those.. Hold my hand Srikanth, I have to get a better walking stick..’ I said.

While Crossing Mike, I noticed Mike’s eyes turned in other direction avoiding Srikanth and Srikanth started murmuring how he escaped. Srikanth was about to catch a cab when Mike came out. It was apparent he got up from middle of the meal.

‘Jai..Jaishankar..I didn’t know you were in the country.’ He formally shook the hands.

‘Oh..it’s a personal trip.I’m staying with my son till Monday..’ I said pointing towards Srikanth who franctically was trying to catch the cab.

‘Srikanth is your son?’ he asked.

‘Catch you on Monday Mike. Enjoy your dinner.’ I said boarding a cab , Srikanth managed to catch.

‘Things wouldn’t be the same now..’ Srikanth remarked.

‘Don’t tell me I didn’t warn you against this’ I said ‘By the way when are you planning to return back to India. We all miss you especially Sriram.’

‘I’m not in the near future..’ Srikanth said and I couldn’t understand him.

He didn’t talk throughout the short journey home.

‘I got in touch with Harini again and I don’t know what to do about it.’ he said unlocking the house door.

‘What do you mean?’ I asked

‘Dad..she hasn’t asked and I’m carefully avoiding the topic..I love her much more than ever before..but how would I ever face Ramya? Had we not been the victim of trick played by Padmini, Dev would have still been alive. But it didn’t change the fact, Ramya lost him forever. I can’t go take the next step with Harini when his wife is…’ he reasoned.

‘You are purely cheating Harini..if you are not sure who asked you to give hopes to her and Srikanth what absurd logic is this?.’ I reasoned.

More I spoke to Srikanth, I understood he was more worried about Ramya and Vithuran’s future. I wish I had more concrete advice to give him than move on.