Diagnosed With Gd And Feeling Guilty To Eat Nv Purattasi Month

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Purnaraj19, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Purnaraj19

Purnaraj19 Silver IL'ite

hi all,
    I’m 29 weeks pregnant and diagnosed with gestational diabetes (GD) recently. I strictly follow a vegetarian diet on auspicious religious days(which is almost 6 days a weeks), but now find it difficult to control my blood sugar without any protein(egg, chicken and fish). I do walk for an hour a day. I’m scared of ending up with insulin like my previous pregnancy. And from tmw purattasi month begins , I’ve never eaten nv during this month like most South Indian Hindu families. I’m feeling really guilty to include animal protein from tmw, at the same time scared of elevated blood sugars . Kindly post your suggestions. Thank you .

2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Op this battle is between the brain and mind is a difficult one.

I would say do what takes to be healthy at this point of time . You staying healthy here along with the growing child inside you in important one .

Eat the food which is good for you and your child. Seek apology from God for the same and continue this ritual from next year.

On the other hand I'm wondering how vegetarians manage without having animal protein? Explore that option too and a final word of your doctor should be the deciding factor here.

Sunshine04 likes this.
  3. dhivyacc

dhivyacc Silver IL'ite

Accept the fact that , have to go through this GD and Focus on the positive.
    Did the doctor give GD diet chart ?
    If yes, strictly follow that and if not , please inquire and get it.
    A good dietitian is the main need right now and moreover as always the positive vibes :blush:

Believe that YOU can manage this . Dont worry

4. CuteCancer

CuteCancer Silver IL'ite

Don't worry about Veg and Non Veg eat healthy foods at all times.

IMO: Devotion is more important than physical ritual. Having a positive devoted vibe on religious days is more rewarding.

P.S: Soy milk, green peas, Nuts are good source of veg protein. Mentioning this NOT to stop you from eating NV but to make sure you take these additionally as well. :)

5. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

If you do not want to eat non veg, eat protein rich veg food. Talk to a dietitian or nutritionist.