Never Mind.....

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by Amulet, Sep 22, 2018.

1. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

Gosh! I just read your reply properly. "Because they can hunt their own" so don't need to "buy" vegetarian protein. Please ignore my question. :-D

Amulet likes this.
  2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

If it’s public profile may I know the account name please :grinning:
    I would love to add protein to my diet but struggling in adding varieties being a vegetarian

Anusha2917 likes this.
  3. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Sweatyswetha

shravs3 likes this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Whey proteins are sold in packets and plastic bottles (in India also, by amazon.in).
    One desi friend makes a shake (a puree in sumeet blender) with yoghurt (curd), and adds a fresh tadka (sesame oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves) on it, mixes well, and eats it by the spoonfuls for one of the meals of the day. She said she gets a gag reflux when she has to eat the way westerns eat it -- just a plain water-shake in a magic bullet like mixie. The desi-tadka makes it palatable.

Soy (Tofu), Tempe, Edamame, Chickpeas are usually the top of the list of vegan/vegetarian line up of proteins. There are many recipes (with vegetables, spices, and tadka) with these on the internet.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Sweety or Sweaty ? LOL..

Anusha2917 likes this.
  6. Anusha2917

She's sweaty because she keeps sweating after workout /running.

Quite an inspiring woman. She is a doctor by profession and married a wrong person and moved on now after walking out of a bad marriage. She keeps travelling places alone or with her current boyfriend, makes a living by taking online workout classes.

I like such women who are so open about this marriage/divorce thing and do not lead a Typical life trying to impress others.

Amulet and shravs3 like this.
  7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Anusha2917 likes this.
  8. Anusha2917

9. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I've been watching the UK supreme court hearing on their PM suspending parliament for 5 weeks (proroguing). The government's defense is argued by a lawyer named Lord Keen, while the plaintiff's lawyer's name is Lord Panic (actually spelled Pannick, but so funny when we hear the references to him in court). Comedians keep on about how Panic is not too panicky, and Keen isn't as keen on their case, except to say that the court should not get involved in parliamentary affairs.

I like the way the 11 justices are seated on the same level, just a few feet away from the lawyers. Modern curvy desk for both of the groups.

upload_2019-9-18_20-55-57.png

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  10. Anusha2917

Did you mean Insomnia and not dementia ?
    BTW what a bad idea to tell MIL to join IL. :smirkcat::smirkcat:

Then how will I engage in "Bitching about MIL" activity with you all here. I am happy they are engaged in facebook,whatsapp and youtube - All thought by their DIL so that they stay away from me . :chatter::tonguecrazy::tonguecrazy:

What a tough task to find this thread. The search did not help me much and I thought we hijacked OP's thread there.

Amulet likes this.