1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Housing Options For Newly Single Women

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by BhumiBabe, Aug 1, 2019.

1. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Very good thread. All women wether married or single or divorced should help each other. Even little time u can spare to babysit any single moms baby that help will go long way. I am married with teenager kids and full time job but want to help any single mom living nearby like watching her kid on weekend etc

2. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

I apolojize. did not meant in any wrong way

3. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

Would like to add some childcare thoughts -

Drop in childcare (like Kidspark)
    Or hire a babysitter or nanny through UrbanSitter (more expensive but more reliable and flexible)

4. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

All women should build support system for single moms. Wether married, unmarried, with kids, without kids, all ages women should help in any kind. Even emotional support is big enough. No one should be looked down or ignored.

KashmirFlower likes this.
  5. GlobetrotterG

GlobetrotterG Silver IL'ite

That's right. But the challenge is how do you find single moms near you. I live in London, how from IL can i figure single moms near me? Ex: In Bangalore/ Chennai

6. BhumiBabe

Meetup. Literally, this is the only way I have met people with similar situation. It’s always surprising to find that I’m not alone in my struggle. If there isn’t a Desi divorce group, create your own. The best ones are kid centric, where separated parents are trying to find a good network for their kids too

7. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

I think there are Facebook groups like Single moms support groups London etc. if not any single mom should start new group (restrict your only women who want to help each other)

8. senorita2019

senorita2019 Gold IL'ite

When I got single in USA, the housing options were great as nobody really cared if I am single mom or married. they only checked my credit history and salary stub. Schools also were good and admission was automatic if you lived in that school district.

For good jobs I think dice, monster, indeed are great for everyone. It really helped me when I got laid off. Doing lot of certifications in your field or doing a Masters degree in a state university is very good. It really helps to boost your resume. I was part of so many facebook and meetup groups and the folks there gave me lot of info on job and studies. They had study group meetings, suggested good books to buy, suggested free training websites, gave sample questions documents etc.

My biggest difficulty was making single friends as married folks didnt like me as I am a "divorcee" so I had to search high and low and finally found local single groups in facebook and meetup websites. Then my life was set.

If you dont find single friends, you can start your own facebook page or meetup page in your locality and I am sure people in the same boat will join. Its more fun to be around single people when you are single.

BhumiBabe likes this.
  9. BhumiBabe

Very true. People of similar situations exist every, but social media (fb or meetup) are necessary to draw them together. It takes time, but it’s possible to build some great friendships.

senorita2019 likes this.
  10. senorita2019

senorita2019 Gold IL'ite

I made some absolutely great friends in the single groups in USA and that really helped me with my divorce case, custody case, single parenting, dating, navigating through divorce and single hood etc. We meet weekly and discuss and share our issues and others will tell us how they managed the same issue which will hugely help us. also just a comforting word or caring hug will give so much energy during the tough journey through divorce. I was so lucky because I hear so many depressing and sad stories of people who suffer loneliness and alienation but by Gods grace I was blessed to have these groups.

I hope Indians are more proactive and start support groups and uplift each other during divorce

SunPa likes this.