1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

After Buying A House Do You Guys Moved To Another City Because Of Good Schools?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Mehana, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

It is more like public school, tution fee but I think they have achieve more scores.
    Click below for more information.
    NCSRC | National Charter School Resource Center

gknew and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for bringing out the essence of shortlisting or selecting the buy of home keeping chils’s Future uppermost in mind. A vital point.
    Regards.

candidheart likes this.
  3. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

Please don't worry about when to move from the kids point of view as the kids will adjust. But to make the right decision early will elongate the benefit to a longer time.

If it is right to move, do it early so your child will be benefitted.

Ratings is one thing ( most elementary schools should have good rating, 7 is kind of low ), but leaving out the rating, your kid will benefit being around indian kids. It is amazing how early the segregation starts in schools. It the percentage is balanced, the segregation is less.

Having said all of this, please make your own decision ( is what you think I will say ).

My suggestion is to move yesterday so that your kid will benefit being among kids whom she can relate to better.

Mehana and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Mehana, it is not uncommon in the Bay Area to rent a house in a good school district while having bought a house in a ok school district.
    Can you put up the house you bought in a ok school district for rent ?See how the KG year goes, check if your kid is learning at the same level that your friends kids in other school districts are learning. If not, first or second grade is a good time to move .

I would not move with a sole purpose of having Indian kids around. My kids schools have a good mix of all nationalities. My goal is that they should be able to adjust to different cultures, they will not have all Indian colleagues when they join the workforce. You also have to remember that Indian kids growing up in the US are essentially Americans. You might drag them to balvihar but they will never be as desi as you are.

Mehana likes this.
  5. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Thanks SinghManisha.

Yes I agree since he's born here i am not going to force him to follow the Indian tradition . Actually he has more non Indian friends compared to desi friends . Only thing I worry about the school rating it's 7 and low here. We weren't serious at the time we brought house as I was pregnant. But we feel like we have to move atleast in another 2-3 years as now if we move it would be loss for the house we brought.

SinghManisha likes this.