1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Escape From Nothingness

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Sep 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Some people with nothing better to do and nothing fulfilling to do with their time sit and “bitch” about others. It could be at kitty parties or on IL.
    It has nothing to do with gender, there are men and women who think they are better off than others and make it a point to come here and point it out to the rest of us. That’s a form of online bitching that we see around here often.

Sorry Balajee, you brought it on yourself with this line.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I re-read the original post quoted above. It is not like OP went and berated the women in the club in person for their in-his-opinion frivolous use of time. He observed a behavior by a set of people over a period of time, thought it would be an interesting discussion, and started a thread.

Some women insist on cooking everything from scratch, and cooking everything at home, even for huge parties. Some men insist on maintaining and repairing their car themselves, even if it ends up being more expensive overall. A man marries a woman much younger. A woman marries a man much less educated. An obviously rich person haggles for fifteen minutes with a vegetable vendor or auto-rickshaw driver. The short-term and long-term prudence of such activities, why people do what they do, makes for interesting discussion. If we swept everything other than criminal activities under the "to each their own" carpet and frowned upon expression of opinion about the activities, there would be not much left to talk about.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    Viswamitra likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@Balajee
    MHV is stop going to this club as you can not bear sees moms playing kitty or and tamboura, housing, housing etc.
    I am suggesting this because more water had already gone under the bridge.
    By and by further vitriolic comments here would lead to @cheenia Sir being requested to close this thread.
    I suggest this because it is predominantly a forum of ladies and better avoid opinionated views of ladies spending their leisure. They have the right to spend their time in whatever manner they like and it is their kids they know the onus with them for future behaviour if their kids.
    God keep us - I mean men & women - from altercations.

4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If a man says something about kitty party going women, it is an "opinionated view." If women say something about mamma's boys, it is an opinion or a view. :thinking:

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  5. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

I think I was one of the first to feel and express that the OP was abrasive and demeaning of women in general , who happen to be enjoying their time with their kitty party. Women speaking of mamas boys all the time without a personal basis or experience also, is not tolerable and certainly do not consider it'just a view or opinion.' I have often pointed out the negativity in the relationship columns on many occasions and received brickbats too.

6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Rihana there is a Tamil saying: "If MIL breaks a pot it is only made of clay but if DIL breaks a same pot it is made of gold".Your differentiating "opinionated viw" from "opinion or view" fall in the same category/

Rihana and Viswamitra like this.
  7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

• oylokhi, glad that someone has taken a balanced view. But I beg to differ on "demeaning" bit. I am okay with "abrasive".

joylokhi likes this.
  8. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:my contribution here would be to remain "Dumb founded".
    Regards.
    God likes silence to surround.

10. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

There are Kitty Clubs and there are Kitty clubs. One you have described. Why on the earth the club allow such Kitty parties within their premises. Tambola is gambling. On top of it allowing kids is yet another violation. I guess you should take up the issue the club board.
    The other is which is organised during lunch hours on weekdays in neighborhood restaurants. Each member has to pay a fixed sum every month which is financed by husband. The ladies enjoy their lunch which is much cheaper. Side by side every month they take a draw. The winner gets a lump sum as loan returnable with fixed interest at installments. It's like chit fund. The winner can use the fund for her shopping or even give to her husband for his business needs. Smaller versions of these clubs perform in the parks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.